FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Read Before Posting(Update 5/07/11)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> Incubus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spectre
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Read Before Posting(Update 5/07/11) Reply with quote

Before Posting, Please have a look at the About The Board forum, where you will read about board guidelines, frequently asked questions, tips, hints, user interrogations, and community customs.

If You Have an incubus Question: Please use the SEARCH option, it is highly likely that your question has been asked already. Also check out the main site http://www.incubus-online-view.com for setlists and a discography, amongst other information.

If you have a question about the message board, feel free to Private Message any of the Moderators or Administrators (like myself), or post in the Comments section.

Please keep banter and surveys (like, "What is your favorite Incubus slow song containing the word "The"?!?) to a minimum, as it tends to flood this forum.

Also, there is NO discussion of trading / obtaining commercial material on the board.

Last edited by spectre on Sun May 07, 2006 10:46 am; edited 3 times in total
multitudious
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Less Flaming Reply with quote

This is the Incubus sub forum and it draws many of the board's new registrations. If someone doesn't search for a topic, don't flame them for not searching. Either link the topic they should have posted in (and mention the search functionality) or don't post at all. A mod or admin will take care of the thread.

Don't derail threads with pointless flaming. Active discussion with varied opinions are welcome, personal attacks are not. I'll ban people from posting in this sub forum when I see this kind of posting.

Problems with the board?
Try this subforum or PM / IM me (AIM:aminerx)
Zinger
Privileged

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add my own babble, there's a reason this long-standing site has steadily grown and grown over the years, it offers a whole package to this band in a way no other site has(excluding copy-cats). As more and more people come about, more and more opinions have to be tolerated.

In a nutshell, it's alot easier to be a funny smartass with a small group of people. If you truly are "funny", you should have no problem adapting to a larger community/fanbase.

"Don't hide your eyes...
It's time."
multitudious
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows & Tickets.

There are many shows coming up in the near future and because space is limited, there will be a lot of people hoping to grab a spare ticket. In the interest of keeping the Incubus forum less cluttered..

PLEASE POST ALL TICKET REQUESTS/OFFERS IN THAT SIDE OF THE FLOOR

in the appropriate thread for the show.

I've split off the irrelevant posts from this thread and have locked it so people can tell when something new has been added to the rules. Any discussions about the content of this thread are welcome in the About the Board / Comments forums.

Problems with the board?
multitudious
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regard to the no flaming policy:

If you find someone being a complete ass for the sake of being an ass or slamming someone when they've intelligently expressed an opinion that goes against the grain, drop me or one of the mods a PM with a link to the thread or post. We may be online a lot, but we can't read every post in every thread.

We want this forum to be a place to intelligently discuss all things Incubus. Interesting conversations are the ones where there is more than ONE opinion. If everyone flames someone who doesn't think that xxx by Incubus was the absolute best, we lose the potential for engaging debate.

Problems with the board?
Zinger
Privileged

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Quit Seeking, Linking to Pirated Work(Or Face the Banhammer) Reply with quote

Despite individual views and the popularity of leaked music, the ability to seek, ask, request, link to anything involving non-paid for music will not be tolerated.

This is not up for debate.

If this doesn't fit your views on the subject, that is too sad. Contact an admin to dispute or a mod will contact an admin for you if this doesnt sit well with you.

The quest to pay artists for all their work/effort will not die on this forum.

"Don't hide your eyes...
It's time."
multitudious
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a follow up - it's not only about respect for the artists everyone here appreciates, but it's also about liability, plain and simple. It's not your ass that's on the line for contributory copyright infringement, so knock it off.

Problems with the board?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> Incubus All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: