FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
I had a conversation with Mike, here's the latest...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stiggy
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if it doesn't matter, and we get awesome music?
i mean, forget the funny talk, i'm keen for a new album
ebbingtide
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing can't wait, glad they are writing as a band and jamming crow vibes! Who cares how they put new music out. I like the idea of an album but to be honest EP's could actually lead to more songs than we would get on one album! Plus we can just make it one album in the end on iTunes etc anyway. They might do 4 EP's and vinyls for each release or something! As long as they are writing music and having fun, they could release a song each month for all I care!
1st June 2004 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
25th August 2005 - Reading Festival
29th September 2007 - Brixton, London
30th September 2007 - Brixton, London
1st October 2007 - Brixton, London
14th June 2011 - HMV Forum, London
4th November 2011 - Alexandra Palace, London
5th November 2011 - Cardiff
9th July 2012 - Brixton, London
16th June 2015 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
lovincubus21
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Please move this if, its in the wrong place*

I saw on google alerts that incubus was added to another festival next year. We already knew about soundwave in Februray, but I just saw that they are also on the bill for the Worlds Loudest Mouth Festival in VIENNA , June 4-6. Do you think that means U.S tour late summer/fall? Sorry if this isnt newsworthy and just my speculation.

http://therockrevival.com/rock-news/muse-metallica-kiss-set-to-headline-festiwalu-rock-in-vienna-2015/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its being discussed in the topic on top of this section. That's the place for general news!
torres
Privileged

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little tidbit I hadn't included from our conversation about setlists:

- Even with a new album's worth of songs, they may be inclined only to play somewhere around 4 new songs due to having such a large back catalog.
- While Mike agreed with my assertion that there are plenty of fans out there who wouldn't mind them just playing what they wanted to play (for instance, going up on stage and announcing that they're only going to play new music), the band still has an inclination to play the songs everyone wants to hear, especially since the band has been away for so long.

Obviously anything can happen or change with setlists for the band's upcoming tour, as Mike didn't tell me anything was set in stone.

Now, my personal opinions here...
- I'm predicting that the band's upcoming live sets will be very "single" heavy.
- I know people on here would be a bit mixed on that idea. Me personally, I took such a long break from regularly listening to Incubus over the last year, that just about anything they play will be totally fresh.
- Also, while diehards like us do make up a portion of the fanbase, I think most would agree that casual fans take up a very sizable portion of the people who go out to see them play.
- Some may disagree here, but the band's market is different from acts like Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band, where their fans expect a lot of variation with setlists. Incubus' market, at least in the US, is mostly rock radio listeners.
- Basically, for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if the setlist was in no specific order: Pardon Me / Drive / Wish You Were Here / Nice To Know You / Megalomaniac / Anna-Molly / *new song*
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torres wrote:

- Some may disagree here, but the band's market is different from acts like Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band, where their fans expect a lot of variation with setlists. Incubus' market, at least in the US, is mostly rock radio listeners.

True, but that's a self made market. If a band chooses to mix it up regularly, it creates a demand for variation. If a band sticks with singles, it creates a demand for it, because it will attract a lot of radio/casual fans that don't want to see deeper cuts.
Justanothercrow421
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torres wrote:

- Basically, for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if the setlist was in no specific order: Pardon Me / Drive / Wish You Were Here / Nice To Know You / Megalomaniac / Anna-Molly / *new song*

you think they'll cut INNW stuff all together?

i'd be cool with this KROQ set tho. can't wait to hear a new song.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the KROQ-thing it makes a lot of sense to go with singles. Wouldn't be surprised if they did play Adolescents, but no INNW wouldn't surprise me either.
torres
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justanothercrow421 wrote:
torres wrote:

you think they'll cut INNW stuff all together?

i'd be cool with this KROQ set tho. can't wait to hear a new song.

Maybe Adolescents? While the song was successful initially, I don't know if it had the sustainable impact that most of the band's other singles have. Basically, it's hard to say if Adolescents is "staple" worthy. It might even be arguable that while Adolescents charted higher, Promises had a longer shelf life in terms of both overall radio play and online streaming.

Considering recent comments from interviews, part of me wonders if the band is going into this upcoming album cycle as if INNW never happened.

I still love Wolves, but it takes up 8 minutes. However, if I had to pick one song from INNW I want to hear somewhere within a 90 minute set, it's Wolves. Might still get Adolescents and Promises just because I think they might be more fun to perform than a lot of deep album cuts most people in the crowd would not react to.

It's all hard to say, but fun to speculate.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd only like to have Wolves if they completely rework the second part of the song as a crazy jam/solo session. I always thought that part was too boring for the song.

Actually, I think Switchblade may be the one song (except for Surface to Air of course, because: among the 5 best songs the band has written since crow), I'd like to stick. Live that song works, considering how mediocre it is on the album.
SinkBeneath
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jelger wrote:
I'd only like to have Wolves if they completely rework the second part of the song as a crazy jam/solo session. I always thought that part was too boring for the song.

Actually, I think Switchblade may be the one song (except for Surface to Air of course, because: among the 5 best songs the band has written since crow), I'd like to stick. Live that song works, considering how mediocre it is on the album.

i am definitely hoping switchblade becomes a staple. although i disagree its mediocre on the album
Cottonete
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jelger wrote:

Really? SB? Curious. For me the best INNW songs are In the Company of Wolves (which was the dark path I was expecting for the whole album), Adolescents (maybe the "most Incubus" song of INNW) and Isadore (yeah, pop song, but who cares?).
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I thought it is mediocre on the album. It's far from my favorite on the record. Live, however, I think it works maybe best of all the INNW songs. Adolescents feels flat, ITCOW get's boring, etc. etc. Tomorrow's Food also works well live, but I'd rather see Aqueous Transmission than TF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> Incubus All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: