FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
2015 World Tour setlist discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slamhole
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a stray comment, semi-related: they sound fucking GREAT on these SXSW videos.
Incubus45TD
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slamhole wrote:
Just a stray comment, semi-related: they sound fucking GREAT on these SXSW videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBBo51Yq_JU

couldnt agree more. this performance of AKTSUO is stupidly good.

7/25/2009
Riverbend Music Center

8/27/2011
Riverbend Music Center

8/29/15
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redonkulousemu wrote:
Yeah, I know what videos you're talking about. The bass is suuuper loud. If only they played Pendulous.... That's probably Ben's most insane playing IMO. Though the songs mentioned definitely are pretty Ben heavy. Didn't hear Absolution Calling from that show, but I imagine it would have some pretty awesome bass during the chorus.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZx8UxhFAuw

Definitely a difficult song to sing for Brandon.
Jazz
Privileged

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys look at a setlist from previous shows before the day of your show? I asked this because everytime i try to avoid not watching a setlist from a show because you kinda get spoiled and i hate that. But it seems like you can't control that anymore. Social Media websites are bigger nowadays and for some reason you discovered that the following day the band you are going to see in concert played a new or old song the day before.

That kinda sucks and that is also one of the reasons i wish Incubus could switch a few songs each night.
omniview.
Zeta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben has always played monstrous basslines and it's a great shame that more people don't notice this. His playing on subtle tracks such as 'Southern Girl' are even technically amazing. Check out his playing on 'The Warmth' from Live at Red Rocks (3.11 onwards). Also, lets not forget that the bassline on Look Alive is just ridiculous.

I'm getting really excited about this band again.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jazz

I do, because I can't control myself. I've learned to net let it spoil my pleasure though.
Niblazed
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with everything you said in the original posting OP. Especially New Skin. it got me into them and i fear i may never hear it live.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing the discussion from the Tour News thread:

Jelger wrote:
Might take a while before we see Make Out Party live. Long time slot yesterday in Milan, but no Make Out Party on the set.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/incubus/2015/mediolanum-forum-di-assago-assago-italy-2bc98042.html

I've been pretty critical of the setlists this year, but looking at the album breakdown on the right, the band really plays a good overview of their career. One song from SCIENCE (I'm really thinking this is just as a gesture to fans), two songs from INNW (an album that wasn't received all too well) and three from every other album. I'd maybe make other choices regarding which songs too play, but it's well balanced.

hilikus_PT wrote:
It's a singles parade. It has been like this for years. It's a shame. Fans that attend to a concert of each tour over the past years will listen always to the same songs. At best people will get 2/3 songs that are not obvious.

And the band has enough songs to do things differently (and I'm not even talking about SCIENCE songs):

Nowhere Fast
When It Comes
Clean
Blood on The Ground
11am
Echo
Agoraphobia
Beware! Criminal
Priceless
Leech
Rogues
Oil and Water
Pendulous Threads

Just to name some...

Jelger wrote:
I agree with you on the choices the band makes, there are some tracks that deserve more air time, but I do not agree that it has been a singles parade for years. During the tours in 2011, 2012 and 2013 the band really played some good setlists, with rarities sprinkled through out.

Yes, the set always includes the likes of Megalomaniac, Anna Molly, Drive, Pardon Me and Wish You Were Here, but we musn't forget that we are the minority. If 5000 people attend a concert, maybe 500 are excited to see Pendulous Threads, but 4000 are losing their shit over Anna Molly and Nice To Know You. The band could drop one or two singles and rotate them, to make room for lesser played singles (Oil & Water, Warning, Stellar) or deeper cuts, but the band needs the singles to tie the show together and keep the majority of the crowd involved.

Soap
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hypothesise that the reason they haven't played Make Out Party live yet is because they're trying to get the vocal arrangement right. During the chorus refrain at the end of the song you've got BB singing two clearly separate vocal lines; I wouldn't even call it lead and backup vocals.
If it were up to me I'd get Ben to sing the "can we make up? can we make out?" part while Brandon does the "can you tell I miss you, from my cadence and tempo" part. I think that would work quite well as long as Ben's vocals were turned up more than usual.
On a side note, a few people here have mentioned how the song sounds reminiscent of Morning View. I think it would flow fantastically on either side of Wish You Were Here.

And along that line of thinking, looking at the setlists it seems like AKTSUO would flow quite nicely into Trust Fall.
Some people might find the current setlists a bit stale, which I can understand, but it's hard to deny that the band really know how to work their material into killer setlists that flow well.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/incubus/2015/raanana-park-amphitheater-tel-aviv-israel-7bc9daf8.html#sfmses63b6a21f

Band debuted Here In My Room for this tour last night.
bizkitboy1224
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all headline shows only going to be 18 songs this tour? Jeez. What happened to 20-22 per night? That's where we're losing our 2-4 non singles.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/522kfGyb5YE

Here in my Room in Israel.

And I think this and the Milan gig were officially a festival slot. We'll see in London.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> Incubus All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: