FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Parables For Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> The Nebula
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stiggy
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Parables For Life Reply with quote

I would like to start a thread of parables I write. I have always loved being a story teller, and these short but sweet parables are the best way I can think of sending a good message.

This is the parable of The Prince and the River.

One day, not unlike any other, other than the fact that it was really hot, the prince rang a bell to call an attendant to bring him water. But the servant never came, so he rang again, but still no answer. Dying of thirst the prince decided to get his own water from the palace cistern, but it was dry. So he then decided to go down to the river and fetch the water himself. But the prince didn't know just how far it was.

On the way he started to feel faint, and stopped to sit in the shade of a tree to take a break. While he was sitting there a man passed by from the nearby village.
"You there!" said the prince. "Go fetch me some water."
The man shrugged his shoulders, ignoring the prince as he walked by. The prince was outraged and he grabbed a rock and threw it at the man. The man turned around and said "Why do you insult me, giving me orders, and then hurl a rock at me? You are no friend of mine."
"I am the prince of the kingdom," the young heir retorted "And I will have you flogged for that sharp tongue of yours. Now fetch me some water"
"I am sorry your highness," said the man, "I would get you some water, but you obviously have no respect for others. I think it would be best that you suffer and fetch your own water, and see just how much trouble your servants go through catering to you."

The prince, mouth hanging open, apalled, , reached down to pick up another rock to throw at the man. But as he pulled back his arm to throw the rock, a hand reached out and grabbed his arm. It was his father's, the king, who had saw the whole exchange.

"Dear son," said the king. "I thought I had raised you better. This man you assault is a dear friend of mine, and it shames me that my own son would treat a stranger as so. For that I will punish you greatly."
The king took his son, dressed him as a slave and forced him to work for his inheritance, to show him the sacrifice of those indebted to the king, so that the prince would take nothing for granted. After serving for a year, the prince grew into one of the greatest kings to ever live. And every morning he and his own son would walk to the river together and get their own water for the day.
stiggy
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cain and Able Syndrome

There once was a little bird who built a nest and laid two eggs. She took care of these eggs, sitting on them to keep them warm. She hardly ever left the nest even to feed herself. These two eggs were all she had and she knew just how delicate and precious the lives were that were inside of them.

Then the day came when her hard work paid off, and the two little eggs hatched. Two little chicks emerged. The mother took care of them, and when they were hungry the mom fed them.

But something very alarming happened. One of the chicks started bullying the other. When feeding time came and the mother would come to feed them, one would push the other out of the way so that he could have the biggest portion. The poor little chick that got pushed out of the way got fed very little, and he barely survived. The bully chick got much bigger and fatter.

Then came a very dark day. A snake climbed the tree and discovered the nest. The two chicks were just at the age when they would learn to fly. The snake, when he found the nest, startled the two chicks, who started flapping there wings to fly away. The little bird, was light as a feather and his wings took him away, but the fat one, couldn't seem to fly. It seems his weight was a big issue. That fat little bird couldn't fly and the snake coiled around him, squeezing the breath out of him, and swallowed him whole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> The Nebula All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: