Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
DJ Kilmore at The Knitting Factory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEY!
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incubotic421 wrote:
that wasn't brandon freaking out, it was someone else.

Oh, really? I thought it sounded like him.

Somebody, somewhere else on the board, said it was Dirk, but it sounds nothing like Dirk, to me.
funkyGraffe67
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost postive that its Dirk but I have nothing to back it up I just think that its him. And Gavin they took your records but how would they ever play incubus songs from Science if they didn't have them? If they didn't negotioate thats stupid but it makes sense why they did it.

TORRES SUCKS BALLS
DJ1987/Lyfe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I will tell you some stories, but first lemme comment on the last point made because it is in total agreeance with my entire beef. It is in the past, but remember, I tell this stuff in defense of people saying I give killy hell for no reason, or because I'm jealous.

My whole point in being upset when it happened is because a DJs records are part of that DJ. I had many one of a kind records I compiled into one record for our live shows. I made it myself, and it was a pain in the ass. It was never meant to be used my any other DJ When I was dismissed fom the band I was told that I didn't contribute my fair share and didn't work hard for the band. I pleaded my case by explaining how hard it was to make that record, but nobody agreed. When I said that they needed my records for the show I was treated like a chump and told that my records were meaningless. That was why it became a huge issue for me.

An artist. Any artist has precious resources that belong to him or her. Those resources define that person and are not simply belongings. Dollars can't put an amount on those creative resources. When they are taken in vein and used as a business resource, that's when shit goes haywire.

Now lets move on...

What happened on Calgone was this,

I was filming and walking up the stairs at the same time. I almost fell back so I grabbed the console and hit the "all" button which (back before the pro tools era) could have erased the entire track.

The person you heard was Jim our wonderful producer and basically the one who "discovered" incubus. (Of course he was fired shortly after I was)

Another good story was in Amsterdam when Alex was cranky and he bitched at this crazy Jamaican crackhead. The guy wanted to kick his ass or possibly stab him, so Alex the tuff guy turns to me like I'm supposed to save his candy ass. So alex walks in the coffee shoppe and I explain to the guy that he was just drunk (he wasn't) and for some reason Brandy came out trying to make a diversion acting like we spoke some wierd different language, which further pissed off the homeless dude who knew damn well we were Yankees.
Lite Grenade
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1987, just curious...

Ever talk to Alex since he left Incubus?

Not even like to be funny, just asking if you've met up with him at all since he quit/fired.
Jazz
Privileged

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah have you ever talk to dirk after he left incubus?
funkyGraffe67
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how even in your your storyies that are supposed to be "fond memories" of incubus you still make fun of them.

And are you guys suggesting that they started a screw incubus club?

Emergency & Me
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funkyGraffe67 wrote:
I love how even in your your storyies that are supposed to be "fond memories" of incubus you still make fun of them.

That wasn't as much "making fun" as it was remembering a funny time from back when they were band mates and good friends.

Don't tell me every single one of you don't have fond memories that start off with "Haha I remember this one time my friend was being a total jackass.."
funkyGraffe67
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He called him a candy ass. Which could be playful but I could tell it wasn't in that context.

AToeLeftOfTheGoiter
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resisting and Multiplying wrote:
funkyGraffe67 wrote:

That wasn't as much "making fun" as it was remembering a funny time from back when they were band mates and good friends.

Don't tell me every single one of you don't have fond memories that start off with "Haha I remember this one time my friend was being a total jackass.."

I have 0 memories starting like that. And what?
Vraptor7
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR.1987 wrote:
Another good story was in Amsterdam when Alex was cranky and he bitched at this crazy Jamaican crackhead. The guy wanted to kick his ass or possibly stab him, so Alex the tuff guy turns to me like I'm supposed to save his candy ass. So alex walks in the coffee shoppe and I explain to the guy that he was just drunk (he wasn't) and for some reason Brandy came out trying to make a diversion acting like we spoke some wierd different language, which further pissed off the homeless dude who knew damn well we were Yankees.

Was that what was at the end of Version?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fedexpiral
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was funny...unless for me..because I can imagine Alex trying to speak in some other lenguage.. He has good mood and that's great!
Everytime I watch the Diary I laught very much watching at Dirk doing stuff!

Hey Mr. 1987 is there any experience you remind about 'Take me to your leader' video?.. because it's the funnyest video!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HEY!
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, that was great, '87. I liked that. If you've got more, I'd love to hear more. Very Happy
TORRES SUCKS BALLS
DJ1987/Lyfe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole concept of having that skit at the end of Calgone was that the song os about having a bad day. When me and Mike watched it back it seemed like a better way to end the song. It was going to end with all the instruments falling apart like Nebula, but we thought that was redundant. Funny thing was, that night my car was stolen with the camera in it! Good thing we sampled it before leaving the studio that night or we wouldn't be having this convo.

About Alex... Actually I WAS MAKING FUN OF HIM! I thought it was pretty wack to start beef and then turn to me like Im a body guard, but I did solve the problem. Brandy with his jibber jabber further insulted the crackhead.

Last time I saw Alex my lawyer had him in a deposition and I couldn't talk to him directly. That's a sad way to end a friendship, but that's what the music biz will do to you. Im sure I will see him around, maybe I can buy him a drink. Lyfe's too short to stay angry. I'm not even mad at 'ol Killy anymore, but he will forever be my bitch in the dj world.

Oh that video for TMTYL! Well one sad story is that the guy who made it never got paid. His name is Kenny Morrison. He came out of the pocket 3 grand to make the video, and Sony never paid him back. He later did the Certain Shade of Green video, but made no money because he spent it all on the video. He had big dreams but was never included once Incubus made their big budget videos. Go figure.

So yeah. We were all in the middle of the 10 fwy in West L.A. filming this video with NO PERMITS!!! totally illegal. Brandon's dad and the whole bunch in the middle of the fwy. I had this big wig on my head because I didn't look "caveman" enough. The purple bug also belonged to Kenny, the guy who made the video. He was so down he even rented a helicopter for the last shot! On ACSOG the part in the tunnel featured a bunch of people running around with skin colored jockstraps to look naked. Mike and Brandon were in there freezing but I was too smart for that crap. We did get a permit for that one. That was when videos were on film and much harder to edit. Now everything is just digital you know?

So lemme think.. did I ever tell you guys how I got robbed at knifepoint in Amsterdam? Or how about when we all pitched in for jose' to get a hummer in the red light district! Then there was the time Brandon and Mark shoffner PURPOSELY left my turntables out on the sidewalk in Spain because they were "teaching me a lesson" That was a crappy story. I don't know. To tell the truth the guys never partied very hard. I was in NYC after a show and was out on the town til the next day without sleeping. These guys went straight to bed after the show. WHATEVER.
jamess
Hilikus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dishing the dirt. very rock and roll.

im bored of you now, i reckon most of this crap you come up with is bollocks to get these kids on your side.

whatever.
TORRES SUCKS BALLS
DJ1987/Lyfe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty bored now too. I'm gonna go smoke some kush and pLAy Mark Ecko's "Getting Up". That Game kicks ASS!!!

Well, it was fun kids. Thanks for the shits and giggles. Until next time...

1987 CBS

http://www.dj1987.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj1987
Renman
Band Manager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to DJ 1987. Gavin, its nice to see you back on the Incubus boards but its not so nice to see you still have not moved on with your life after Incubus. Your work with Incubus on SCIENCE speaks for itself and all the fans here can judge for themselves how it rates in their book. I'm disappointed to see that you still feel the need to diss Kilmore after all we've been through. I thought you had overcome all the bitterness but sadly it seems that is not the case. I'm sure I speak for all the fans here when I say that its time for you to be the bigger man and let the past go. If all you want to do is talk shit I wih you'd take your act elsewhere.

Your friend-Ren
Jazz
Privileged

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to hear you Mr Rennie and is true gavin talks about pure shit like if he are still from the band.
Shesy
Zeta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Rennie, you're my hero!
you couldnt be more clear and right!

(Clickea para acceder a mi fantástico blog que no tiene que ver con INCUBUS, es nomas para cagarse de la risa)
fedexpiral
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

claps' for RENman!..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Southern_Girl
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renman wrote:
Gavin, (...) I'm sure I speak for all the fans here when I say that its time for you to be the bigger man and let the past go.

Mr. Rennie, you rule!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> Incubus All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: