What happens next?

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

Look_Alive
Rogue

What happens next?

Postby Look_Alive » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:52 am

With the 8 tour starting to move into its final phase, what happens next for the band?

I'd love to see a quick follow-up, back in the studio over the winter and a new album out next year, but I'm not sure they're that sort of band anymore. On Instagram it looks like Ben is hinting at a Supergrub reunion, so it will be interesting to see if that suggests another break for Incubus.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Re: What happens next?

Postby Jelger » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:23 am

Pretty sure they'll take a few weeks/months to do their own thing, which for Ben is usually working on music outside Incubus. So that's probably gonna be the Supergrub thing.

The band has said on multiple occasions they plan on writing over the holidays, so with that in mind I don't expect them to wait six years with a follow up. I'm pretty sure they'll be back next year for at least a few shows in honor of MY being 20 years, that's being hinted at a bunch of times too.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 am

Writing/recording at the end of the year, new material of some kind (singles/EP?) by first half of next year. Something to commemorate MY 's 20th in the fall of 2019 (a couple of shows/"making of" doc/re-release with previously unreleased material). Given that they are coming off a year and a half long world tour, I just don't see them hitting the road that much next year. Maybe a month or so at the most. That would give Ben time to promote his solo work as well.
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

legohair
Hot Dancer

Postby legohair » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 am

I can only hope the next record comes quick, as they have stated will be recording in the fall, hope they stick to that and we get something sooner than later.

As far as MY 20th Anniversary, any unreleased material would be welcomed :D

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Well, Ben is doing a solo show on december 20th in LA. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1c3l8gqhH ... zpuab9xylu

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Interesting update. The guys will be done touring by 10/14. I'm assuming they'll want to take at least a week or 2 off before getting back in the studio. Theoretically, they could be back in the studio by 10/29, which gives them 3 full weeks before Thanksgiving week and a couple of weeks before Ben's gig. They could get a lot done in that time frame, depending on how far along they are in the process before they actually go into the studio. They might already have some ideas cooking up in pre-show rehearsals.

On top of that, the gig is in LA, so they could still get some recording done, even with this show.
-Brandi

Such is a sight to see

legohair
Hot Dancer

Postby legohair » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:23 am

Exciting and interesting to see what happens, and how things unfold. Lest we forget Crow was done in 4 weeks, so they can work speedily!

incuboy2012ad
The Karate Kid

Postby incuboy2012ad » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:48 pm

:D
legohair wrote:Exciting and interesting to see what happens, and how things unfold. Lest we forget Crow was done in 4 weeks, so they can work speedily!

I think they should record the next record at a faster pace. Sure they have earned the right to go at their own pace, without time constraints or the label breathing down their necks with a “due date” so to speak. But the last few albums have been written and recorded at a snail speed for whatever reason and personally I think a fast write, record, release with some urgency might be a good way to change shit up. No overthinking. Just fucking go hard. Even if it’s just an EP.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:04 am

Well, Brandon said in a radio interview yesterday that his favorite Incubus-song right now is a song he wrote the night before. So they are definitely going forward. Check IncubusUpdate on Instagram.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Some interesting things said at the end of the Dash Radio interview today.

Brandon pretty much confirmed that the music they are working on for 2019 will not be released in the traditional album sense. They will just release songs. Kind of makes me sad, since I love Incubus in album form, but I get it, given the way music is consumed right now. Also, they plan on going back on the road starting in Spring 2019 into the foreseeable future. I honestly didn't think the guys would be back on the road so soon, but I'm happy at the prospect of not having to wait years to see Incubus again. He didn't mention anything in regards to what they'll be doing for MY 20th Anniversary. He mentioned some art things he'll be releasing around the holidays and that he still plans on releasing a 4th art book.
-Brandi

Such is a sight to see

Return to “Incubus”