14th Anniversary of A Crow Left of the Murder

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

14th Anniversary of A Crow Left of the Murder

Postby The Idler Wheel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Today marks 14 years to the day that A Crow Left of The Murder was released. This is still one of my all time favorite records, not only from this band, but any band.

Ben Kenney joining the band obviously resulted in a major shift in sound. He brought his skills as a bassist, guitarist and singer-songwriter and, I feel, took the guys to a whole other level of sound I had no idea they were even capable of.

It blew my mind when I first heard it. Certain songs (Megalomaniac, Agoraphobia, Talk Shows on Mute, and Made for TV Movie) mean even more to me now than when I first heard them.

Happy 14th Anniversary, Crow!!
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

legohair
Hot Dancer

Re: 14th Anniversary of A Crow Left of the Murder

Postby legohair » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 pm

This makes me feel old.

My favourite Incubus era, so much excitement, as well as a time before I had access to the internet at home, so finding any drips of news about the band and record was done via magazines or using my friends computer. ACLOTM is my favourite Incubus record and I don't think anything will ever change that.

The record came at a time when I'd got into Incubus watching Drive and Pardon Me on MTV2, I received Morning View as a Christmas gift in 2002 and I loved it so much. Crow was the first time I got to get excited for a forthcoming Incubus record, the activity at the time, alongside the Halo 2 soundtrack work, the live airing of Pantomime as an unreleased track, also the Stealth material released in 2005 - it was a fantastic time to be an Incubus fan, I'll never ever forget those days.

It was the first album I learnt to play guitar to, I had tattoos of the crows from the artwork on myself, I got to see the band live for the first time and it shaped me as I was growing up into who I am today - there's not a lot of records I can say that about.

Happy Birthday Crow.

alabaster
Human Magic Marker

Postby alabaster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:19 am

A Haiku:

wonderful album.
feels longer than 14 years...
different band now.
-Larry

Soap
Turbo Geek

Postby Soap » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:37 pm

legohair wrote:The record came at a time when I'd got into Incubus watching Drive and Pardon Me on MTV2, I received Morning View as a Christmas gift in 2002 and I loved it so much. Crow was the first time I got to get excited for a forthcoming Incubus record, the activity at the time, alongside the Halo 2 soundtrack work, the live airing of Pantomime as an unreleased track, also the Stealth material released in 2005 - it was a fantastic time to be an Incubus fan, I'll never ever forget those days.

Don't forget those live bootlegs too!

Ty
Privileged

Postby Ty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 am

Soap wrote:Don't forget those live bootlegs too!

Wish we got more of em....

followthesun
The Karate Kid

Postby followthesun » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 am

What is your favorite way to listen to A Crow Left of the Murder? CD or vinyl? On your commute? At the beach? Hollywood?

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

At home, vinyl and headphones..at night. Love it!
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jim Reaper
New Skin

Postby Jim Reaper » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:23 am

Undoubtedly Mike's finest moment as a guitarist, probably Brandon's as a lyricist too, for the most part. The first half is amazing, an absolute highlight of their discography, and the second is varied enough that any fan should be able to find something to like. I really dig the production as well. It was a brave album for such a massive (at the time) band to put out, with only Megalomaniac being an obvious single, but time has been incredibly kind to it. I know hardcore fans swear by it now, I just hope one day it gets the more widespread recognition it deserves as one of the best guitar albums the 00's had to offer

Return to “Incubus”