Loneliest Music Video

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

Nicubus
Rogue

Loneliest Music Video

Postby Nicubus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:46 am

It's out:

https://youtu.be/s1cpCfX-mgo

Gotta say though, this is the most boring music video they've done so far. Where the fuck are Ben, Jose and Kil? And is Brandon slowly turning into 90's Anthony Kiedis? Really disappointed they couldn't come up with something better. But I guess this video cost nothing to make.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Re: Loneliest Music Video

Postby Jelger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:40 am

Agreed, very boring video. Not sure why it took this long to release. Either don't have the band at all or everyone, because this looks really weird. Especially Mike with the guitar, paired with this song. Also, hate that every shot fades out and the next one fades in.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 am

Okay video, but I definitely had more of a story-based concept in my head for this song.

I pictured it opening with Brandon on his phone texting back and forth with someone, agreeing to meet up for the first time. Then cut to him walking to the meetup, with people around him, with faces just out of frame or obscured, so you can't tell if what's going on is actually happening or is in his head. Cut to Brandon waiting at the meetup spot, and a woman approaches at the beginning of the song's bridge, again kind of blurred, but becomes clearer and clearer. Just before she reaches Brandon, she vanishes before his eyes. Then, the video starts rewinding all the way back to the start, and at the end it goes back to the phone, with Brandon almost hitting send on his phone to ask to meet up, but then decides not to send anything and shuts the phone off.
-Brandi

We stand undefined
Can't be drawn with a straight line
This will not be our ending
We are alive, we are alive

Evanescence-Imperfection

torres
Privileged

Postby torres » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

There is obviously more to this video than any of us knows. However, this video gives me the impression that the guys in the band and/or their management/label are lacking a bit of self-awareness at the moment.

1. Whose idea was it to only feature Brandon and Mike in the video?

2. Considering the quality of Brandon's lyricism, why would they make a music video that refuses to follow a narrative? (Maybe there is in fact a narrative in this video that I completely missed)

3. Can someone explain Brandon's hand gestures and movements throughout the video?

4. The music video for Nimble Bastard was released nine months ago. Why did it take nine months to release a second music video off the new album? Especially considering that this couldn't have taken any more than a few hours to shoot.

I can't knock the dancer in the video though, looks like she did the best she could do with the song and what seems like a lack of direction. Also, I still love the band and the song, and the video isn't terrible necessarily. I'm just having trouble sensing what the band is trying to do right now.
9/30/04, 1/22/07, 8/30/07, 8/15/09, 8/18/11, 8/22/11, 8/13/15, 8/14/15, 8/29/15

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am

I really don't understand why they didn't release this video right around the release of the record or the start of the US tour. It's mind-boggling. Bad PR. Sad.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 pm

torres wrote:
2. Considering the quality of Brandon's lyricism, why would they make a music video that refuses to follow a narrative? (Maybe there is in fact a narrative in this video that I completely missed)

I’m thinking the dancer (Manaho) is supposed to be the embodiment of “the curtain” he references in the song. Beyond that, I’ve got nothing. LOL!!
-Brandi

We stand undefined
Can't be drawn with a straight line
This will not be our ending
We are alive, we are alive

Evanescence-Imperfection

Return to “Incubus”