Light Grenades turns 11!!

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Light Grenades turns 11!!

Postby The Idler Wheel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Hats off and applause!!
Happy Anniversary, LG! 8)
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jelger
Zedeveel

Re: Light Grenades turns 11!!

Postby Jelger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Hot diggity damn. This means I've been listening to Incubus for about the same amount of time.

Soap
Turbo Geek

Postby Soap » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:16 pm

I remember hunting all over town the day this was released to find a CD copy. The chain stores didn't have it yet but the independent record store had it at the top of the new release shelf, and I didn't even mind paying $33 (NZD) for it.
Got it back to the car, put it in my old discman connected to the cassette player and drove around until it was finished. Loved it from the first listen.

There were quite a few great records that came out that year. I remember buying a new CD almost every week.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Jelger wrote:Hot diggity damn. This means I've been listening to Incubus for about the same amount of time.

It's cool that you started following the band close to 15 years after they started. I know some people wear the O.G. fan label like a badge of honor, but it's also nice to see the other side of the coin and hear what clicked with people along the way.

Soap wrote:There were quite a few great records that came out that year. I remember buying a new CD almost every week.

2006 was a great year for music. Rock in particular.. The Killers, Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, AFI, Muse..good stuff!!
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Ty
Privileged

Postby Ty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I was going to make a separate thread for this but I might as well ask it here since I procrastinated on it...

Does anybody still have the 30 second clips they released a few weeks before LG debuted? I haven't forgotten about them and it would be an awesome trip down memory lane since like a lot of you I listened to those over and over and over again for weeks. Please let me know!

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek

Postby TinCanPhone » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Ty wrote:I was going to make a separate thread for this but I might as well ask it here since I procrastinated on it...

Does anybody still have the 30 second clips they released a few weeks before LG debuted? I haven't forgotten about them and it would be an awesome trip down memory lane since like a lot of you I listened to those over and over and over again for weeks. Please let me know!

I would love to have these too! I remember a similar promotion they did with Crow. Funny how INNW didn't do any (as far as I know), but then they continued the tradition with 8. I doubt the pre Crow era had any as the band was just reaching crazy popularity.

hilikus_PT
Human Magic Marker

Postby hilikus_PT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 pm

TinCanPhone wrote:
Ty wrote:I was going to make a separate thread for this but I might as well ask it here since I procrastinated on it...

I would love to have these too! I remember a similar promotion they did with Crow. Funny how INNW didn't do any (as far as I know), but then they continued the tradition with 8. I doubt the pre Crow era had any as the band was just reaching crazy popularity.

You could hear WYWH and (not sure on this one) NTKY in the official website before the release of Morning View. Can't remember if it was full song or just snippet. But definitely remember playing over and over with my 56k dial up modem. Good times.

Their website from that era was very cool. Very dynamic. Little taste: https://web.archive.org/web/20010924130 ... cubus.com/

Return to “Incubus”