Website music: ACLOTM

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 pm

I doubt anyone will have it but I thought I'd give it a shot. Does anyone remember back in the old Crow days the main incubus website had this kickass musical intro? It was a flash animation with a bunch of crows and the music playing in the background. I'd love to hear it again and was wondering if anyone has some sort of copy of it.

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby Blind Melon » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 pm

If I recall correctly, the song was called "Puzzle." It was almost like it was meant for the Odyssey, but it was a leftover? It took some digging on my hard drive, but I found it... it's like a 2 minute song. Does that sound like what you're looking for?
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 am

Blind Melon wrote:If I recall correctly, the song was called "Puzzle." It was almost like it was meant for the Odyssey, but it was a leftover? It took some digging on my hard drive, but I found it... it's like a 2 minute song. Does that sound like what you're looking for?


Definitely sounds like it could be! It's a short song for sure and sounds from the Odyssey era...

Nicubus
Rogue
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby Nicubus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 am

It's not the song that was also used for the intro for the ACLOTM Special Edition DVD, is it?

Because that one is basically an early version of the beginning of the Odyssey

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Curious if they are the same. Know where I could find them?

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby Blind Melon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Shoot me a PM... I think I can point you in the right direction.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

legohair
Hot Dancer
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 am
Location: UK

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby legohair » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm

There's a chilled acoustic one on the main menu of the crow dvd, that was often referred to as Puzzle, the best one was the intro to the website music, like a drum roll and then some guitar being played over a beat. It was awesome and I never managed to get hold of it :(

It's the one at the beginning of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS8RlIiFlc

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:41 pm

legohair wrote:There's a chilled acoustic one on the main menu of the crow dvd, that was often referred to as Puzzle, the best one was the intro to the website music, like a drum roll and then some guitar being played over a beat. It was awesome and I never managed to get hold of it :(

It's the one at the beginning of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS8RlIiFlc



Yes!!!! That's it!!!

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby Blind Melon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 am

Ah, I totally forgot about that song... I don't think I have that one, nor do I think it was ever released in a recorded form, other than in the video.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 am

I always wondered if it was just intro music or was this an idea for a song that never fully developed. Either way it sounds so awesome I'd be content just making a continuous loop of it and playing it over and over again.

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby Blind Melon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:22 pm

I think there are some search engines out there that let you search music snippets to get the actual song... I'm wondering if this is some other artist's song, as there's another little ditty at the end of the video.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 am

Blind Melon wrote:I think there are some search engines out there that let you search music snippets to get the actual song... I'm wondering if this is some other artist's song, as there's another little ditty at the end of the video.



Good observation. I didn't wait until the end of the video. The drums sound similar to the beginning...I wonder if it is the same song.

legohair
Hot Dancer
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 am
Location: UK

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby legohair » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 am

I do recall back when Mike used to be very responsive to fan messages on Myspace way back when, a few people off the forum asked him about these pieces of music and he said a lot of stuff got made around the Crow time, especially little bits and pieces like what we hear here. Nothing more ever came of it, but I guess they are all lost in the mire now alongside years of discarded jams and stuff.

The main intro website music was like, my Incubus white whale for years on end. I searched and searched to try and find a high quality version of it, to no avail.

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:41 pm

legohair wrote:I do recall back when Mike used to be very responsive to fan messages on Myspace way back when, a few people off the forum asked him about these pieces of music and he said a lot of stuff got made around the Crow time, especially little bits and pieces like what we hear here. Nothing more ever came of it, but I guess they are all lost in the mire now alongside years of discarded jams and stuff.

The main intro website music was like, my Incubus white whale for years on end. I searched and searched to try and find a high quality version of it, to no avail.


Same here. I was under the assumption at the time that piece was part of the Odyssey. Truth be told, I like it better than anything in the Odyssey. They seem to hold back on their more obscure tracks and take a safer approach. Nothing wrong with that but I'm sure we are missing out on some killer music.

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby Blind Melon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:23 pm

legohair wrote:I do recall back when Mike used to be very responsive to fan messages on Myspace way back when, a few people off the forum asked him about these pieces of music and he said a lot of stuff got made around the Crow time, especially little bits and pieces like what we hear here. Nothing more ever came of it, but I guess they are all lost in the mire now alongside years of discarded jams and stuff.


If I were ever to purchase a backstage pass, I'd definitely be asking them a question like this. Or more like, "how many songs/little jams/anything have you recorded that we have never heard?"
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby TinCanPhone » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Blind Melon wrote:
legohair wrote:I do recall back when Mike used to be very responsive to fan messages on Myspace way back when, a few people off the forum asked him about these pieces of music and he said a lot of stuff got made around the Crow time, especially little bits and pieces like what we hear here. Nothing more ever came of it, but I guess they are all lost in the mire now alongside years of discarded jams and stuff.


If I were ever to purchase a backstage pass, I'd definitely be asking them a question like this. Or more like, "how many songs/little jams/anything have you recorded that we have never heard?"


And importantly, will we ever be able to hear them? :wink:

User avatar
eclecticmuso12
Zeta
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:54 am
Location: Whangarei, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Website music: ACLOTM

Postby eclecticmuso12 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:52 am

Link taken down, a shame as I really wanted to hear it.


Return to “Incubus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests