It's New and Old

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

Nicubus
Rogue

Re: It's New and Old

Postby Nicubus » Wed May 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Janitor wrote:you called me the n word

What are you talking about?? I did no such thing, why would I?

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Nicubus wrote:Okay, so who can help me?

For the last weeks every now and then when I try to access the board I get a message that I've been permanently banned, even though I haven't done anything. I can't log in or anything. Right now I'm using a proxy hider to access the board.

It usually lasts for a day or two, but it's really really annoying. Any help please?

I have this too and it usually happens when Im on a mobile 4g network. Never on wifi. Not sure what the problem is. I havent experienced it the last couple of weeks.

Nicubus
Rogue

Postby Nicubus » Thu May 04, 2017 5:56 am

Huh, just tried from 4G and same issue. Connected then from wifi and it worked. Some sort of weird bug?

You are also in the Netherlands, correct? Maybe there's something with the network?

Rantanplan
Turbo Geek

Postby Rantanplan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:28 am

Had a similar issue in the past. Apparently some European ISPs / IP ranges are sorta blacklisted

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:29 am

As you guys may have noticed: spammers are back. The registration is opened again and this has caused spammers to return.

I messaged Steph on Facebook with a request to open registration again, since I got quite a few messages on reddit over the past weeks of people asking why they weren't able to join IOV anymore. I passed that on basically, asking if registration was somehow possible. I would welcome any fresh blood here.

I'm trying to keep the forum clean by removing all the spam posts as I see them, however I am unable to ban the spam accounts or do anything else. So sorry for any inconvenience.

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks for doing all you can, Jelger. Do we know why the registration security is so bad? I'm a web developer, so if there's anything I can do, I'd love to help.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:52 am

No clue. I know Stungate tried to fix it, but it didn't work. But I don't know.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 am

Since I am now an administrator on the forum, I've implemented some steps to try and push back the spam accounts. All spam accounts were deleted and IP-banned. At least it's harder for them to get in now, but every normal person is still able to sign up. So tell your friends!

Also you may have noticed the forum is a little leaner than before. I removed and merged some sub-forums, as they weren't used at all or hadn't been in a long time.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 am

New feature:

Just enabled quick reply for the whole forum, to make posting a little easier and faster.
If you prefer the old way of posting, just hit the 'Post Reply'-button and you will get the full editor!

Return to “Incubus”