Insatiable

Discuss your favorite streaming series, YouTube channels, movies, TV-shows or games.

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, wat

pinkbirdy
New Skin

Insatiable

Postby pinkbirdy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:08 pm

I found out that TV Show by chance and I watched the two seasons. I've never seen a TV Show so crazy and fun. I loved it! Very original.

Insatiable is an American dark comedy-drama web television series created by Lauren Gussis, starring Dallas Roberts and Debby Ryan. It is based on the 2014 New York Times article "The Pageant King of Alabama" by Jeff Chu. The first season premiered on Netflix on August 10, 2018.

Plot:

Patty Bladell is a teenager who was constantly bullied in school for being overweight. After being on a liquid diet for three months over summer vacation because of a freak accident, she is now thin and seeks revenge on her bullies. A disgraced civil lawyer and obsessed beauty pageant coach, Bob Armstrong, notices Patty's potential and sets out to turn her into a pageant queen.

Cast and characters
Main

Dallas Roberts as Robert "Bob" Armstrong Jr.[2]
Debby Ryan as Patricia "Patty" Bladell[2]
Christopher Gorham as Robert "Bob" Barnard[2]
Sarah Colonna as Angie Bladell[2]
Erinn Westbrook as Magnolia Barnard[2]
Kimmy Shields as Nonnie Thompson[2]
Michael Provost as Brick Armstrong[2]
Irene Choi as Dixie Sinclair[2]
Alyssa Milano as Coralee Huggins-Armstrong[6]
Arden Myrin as Regina Sinclair (season 2; recurring season 1

Controversy

Prior to the show's release, The Guardian reported on July 24, 2018, that over 100,000 people had signed an online petition on Change.org started on July 20, 2018, calling for Netflix to cancel Insatiable, accusing it of "fat shaming".[16] Lauren Gussis, the show's creator, defended the show, saying it was based on her own experiences as a teenager.[17] Alyssa Milano stated on Twitter, "We are not shaming Patty .. We are addressing (through comedy) the damage that occurs from fat-shaming."[18] As of August 27, 2018, the petition had over 230,000 signatures.[19]

Source wikipedia

Personally, I think they got it all wrong.

Return to “Idiot Box”