20 Years of Make Yourself and Beyond

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

f
The Karate Kid

Re: 20 Years of Make Yourself and Beyond

Postby f » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:24 pm

hey everyone. i have (2) tickets for san francisco on septemeber 24th. unfortunately i wont be able to make it (still pissed about it). if anyone is looking for tickets on this date, i dont mind giving someone here first dibbs if interested. i paid 385 for both tickets. willing to sell for 300 for both tickets. let me know if interested. thanks everyone.

Ty
Privileged

Postby Ty » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:44 pm

I'm curious about if they're going to play songs like Privilege and the Warmth straight up or if they'll be playing the altered versions like they have been the last few years. I've enjoyed hearing old songs in new ways the last few years but I wonder if they feel pressure to truly perform THE ALBUM as if its 1999 and we fans just peeled off the package and popped the disc into our walkmans.

I'm also super hopeful for a Crowded Elevator appearance after Out From Under...they did it at the HQ...that would be a treat.

We'll find out tomorrow!

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Like you, Ty, I'm hoping for the altered versions they've done as well... I honestly want to hear that darker version of Drive they played back in 04. I'm hoping it's not exactly like the album... I mean, that's a huge reason why I keep going back to Incubus shows... They sprinkle in nuances here and there, giving new color to the songs.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm

My guess is that most songs will be in the versions we've heard them the last few years. Super excited about hearing a new live version for Out From Under and Make Yourself.

GrahamLAT
Zeta

Postby GrahamLAT » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Anyone know if they’re coming to England?

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 am

No European shows have been announced.

zoli
Familiar

Postby zoli » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:40 am

Hey everyone!

Today is the day. Happy Birthday Make Yourself! I'm listening to it right now (and my neighbors too). Drive was the first video i saw on MTV, and this was the first album that i got from them in 2002. Crow is my favorite album, but Make Yourself will always have a special place in my heart.

Is it possible that Dirk will play a song or two tonight at the Greek Theatre? What do you guys think?

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:52 am

No, that won't happen. IF it happened, I'd be flabbergasted.

It's not really clear how the relationship with the band and Dirk is. Probably not that bad, since he and Jose worked together a few years ago. I've never heard they are (still) on bad terms. But I think it would be a capital mistake by the band to have him play a few songs. After all these years, after Ben being in the band longer than Dirk, the discussion is still alive and there is still a part of the fanbase that is vocal about their Dirk preference. And if they include him again, they will give that part of the fanbase some legitimacy and they will in a way undermine the legitimacy of Ben as a member. In terms of PR/marketing, it would not bode well for the band, I think.

Return to “Incubus”