20 Years of Make Yourself and Beyond

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Re: 20 Years of Make Yourself and Beyond-tour Discussion

Postby Jelger » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 am

Yeah, I'm seriously starting to doubt they'll do that. Bad move.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm

2nd night shows keep being added. I’m surprised quiet honest.

This could be the most extensive U.S tour the band has ever done.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 am

I'm not that surprised, maybe only because I've seen quite a few people mention that prices are so high. But beyond that: smaller venues, immensely popular album that will draw out even those who fell out of love with the band and I think it also gets (relatively) a lot of media attention.

incuboy2012ad
The Karate Kid

Postby incuboy2012ad » Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that it’s a small venue tour. But they probably should’ve and could’ve done a full fledged arena tour to exhaust them less. Given how much less they tour already as they get older, makes me feel like a long hiatus will be coming after this tour, the more multiple nights they keep adding. Which to me would be counter productive given that it’s hasnt felt like they were this “hot” in a long time.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Sat May 18, 2019 2:23 am

Incubus is a band which is very good at not making use of momentum they have, so yeah not a very weird idea to have. We'll see.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Sun May 19, 2019 4:21 am

incuboy2012ad wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that it’s a small venue tour. But they probably should’ve and could’ve done a full fledged arena tour to exhaust them less. Given how much less they tour already as they get older, makes me feel like a long hiatus will be coming after this tour, the more multiple nights they keep adding.

Didn’t thought about that. Definitely, another Hiatus could be on the way. Maybe the band really wanted to take this year off, but Mike jokingly said that they were forced to do this tour. Don’t want to get my hopes up, but maybe this tour could be the one were they really mix the setlist each night because of the multiple nights they are playing in each city.

It’s awesome that the band is doing a 20th anniversary tour for Make Yourself for their hardcore fans. But this could mean that they are accepting the fact that they don’t consider themselves as a relevant band in this day and age.

Return to “Incubus”