Incubus March Madness Bracket

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Incubus March Madness Bracket

Postby Jelger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 pm

https://brackify.com/bracket/30720/Incubus-songs

So an idea was posted on reddit to do a March madness bracket for Incubus, and low and behold: I made one.
64 songs, the selection of which of course will lead to some question where song X or Y is. I picked six songs from every album first, two from Enjoy Incubus/Trust Fall and then some B-sides. Then I decided to fill the last 5 spots with an extra song from their most popular albums: SCIENCE to Light Grenades. Match-ups were selected at random.

The songs picked are not my personal favorites. I decided to pick all singles, just because they are the biggest songs. The non-singles include songs that ended up on top on votes before/ended high or are live staples or favorites. Of course it is very arbitrary still, but at least now you know.

So get to voting! The bracket ends 31-03!

edabomb
Familiar

Re: Incubus March Madness Bracket

Postby edabomb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:29 am

I got Just a Phase vs SSLW in the final. SSLW took it :D

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:46 am

Funny, those are basically the songs that always make the top-5 any time we did a vote on favorite songs.

Final was Surface to Air vs. The Warmth for me. Surface took it. I adore that song.

edabomb
Familiar

Postby edabomb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:55 am

I always liked Hold Me Down over Surface to Air. I am aware I am probably the only person with this view :lol:

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 am

Oh wow, yeah. I actually like Hold Me Down and think it would've improved INNW if it was included, but it's really straight-forward. Surface to Air, to me, can hold it's own on any Incubus album. On some it would be the absolute best track, on others it would make the top-3. Hold Me Down wouldn't do that for me, but still I prefer it over The Original, Promises, Friends and Lovers or Thieves.

vjspivey
Zeta

Postby vjspivey » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:52 am

ended with Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song) vs. Wish You Were Here.
that’s.... weirdly ironic. are the match-ups random for individuals or just randomly once for all?

Look_Alive
Rogue

Postby Look_Alive » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 am

Did mine a couple of days ago, think the final was Crow vs Surface to Air - tough choice but Crow edged it.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

incuboy2012ad
The Karate Kid

Postby incuboy2012ad » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Jelger wrote:Oh wow, yeah. I actually like Hold Me Down and think it would've improved INNW if it was included, but it's really straight-forward. Surface to Air, to me, can hold it's own on any Incubus album. On some it would be the absolute best track, on others it would make the top-3. Hold Me Down wouldn't do that for me, but still I prefer it over The Original, Promises, Friends and Lovers or Thieves.

I agree. If you replace Promises, The Original and Tomorrows Food with Hold Me Down, Rebel Girls, and Surface to Air, INNW would have been a much more solid album. Still eclectic, but stronger IMO.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 am

vjspivey wrote:ended with Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song) vs. Wish You Were Here.
that’s.... weirdly ironic. are the match-ups random for individuals or just randomly once for all?

The latter. I wanted to the first, but I couldn't find the option.

Return to “Incubus”