Tool

Know a good band? Promote new bands and discuss everything music related here!

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421, Rich

Jazz
Privileged

Tool

Postby Jazz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:46 am

Can't wait for this show.

We'll see if Tool plays something new. They haven't released a new album since 2006.

Soap
Turbo Geek

Re: Tool

Postby Soap » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:31 am

Heh, when they played a handful of shows in Australia and here in New Zealand last year there was a lot of buzz about them playing some new material. But they didn't. And this was after talk of them being in the studio.
So, here we go again I suppose.

They are a great live act though, one of the best I've seen. Third Eye live is a pretty amazing experience. And seeing Primus play before them is like a mushroom/acid eater's dream.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 am

I never really got into Tool, but since the last time I tried I've gotten into a lot more progressive rock. Any tips on which album to start out on?

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:56 am

Jelger wrote:I never really got into Tool, but since the last time I tried I've gotten into a lot more progressive rock. Any tips on which album to start out on?

Start with Ænima or Lateralus. My two favorites from them and also the first ones that got me into this band. They have 5 studio albums and hopefully a new one next year.

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 pm

I still think the whole Holy Gift reordering has a much better flow than the original track listing... their hardcore fans are nuts.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

deadair
New Skin

Postby deadair » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Jazz wrote:Can't wait for this show.
We'll see if Tool plays something new. They haven't released a new album since 2006.

Lucky bastard! I'm still waiting for my chance to see them live. Plus, you got them on the same night as Primus, which makes it 2x as epic!

I doubt they'll play a full new song live unless they announce the album before that show. Never say never though.

Return to “Amp”