Silversun Pickups

Know a good band? Promote new bands and discuss everything music related here!

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421, Rich

Hot Dancer

Silversun Pickups

Postby surftb15 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:44 am

New album coming out soon + a 4 days of show in LA.
Definetely like the way the new album turned out, good direction for the band. Hopefuly fans don't think they sell out again!

New Skin

Re: Silversun Pickups

Postby deadair » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:51 pm

I agree, Silversun Pickups are an awesome band! First started listening to them around 2010 when I first heard "Panic Switch" on FM 102/1 (Milwaukee's alternative music station). That's probably my favorite song of theirs. "Future Foe Scenarios" being a close second.

I got to see them live in 2012 open up for Foo Fighters in Milwaukee. They got a great amount of time for an opening act: 62 minutes (I timed it with my watch at the show), 10 songs. The only downer was that the majority of people around me were strictly there for Foo Fighters who talked very loudly while Silversun Pickups played. But, besides that minor annoyance, they played an incredible, pure set. What I mean by pure is not much talking, letting the music speak for itself. Thankfully they did too, the brief banter they did in between two of the songs was an incomprehensible joke ending with something to do with the movie Ted, which was due to come out the next day. Still really glad I got to see them and looking forward to their upcoming album Better Nature!

Return to “Amp”