*Crickets*

Tales of Life\Cereal\Crazyness (Any socially conscious, politically driven, entertainment related, or general off topic discussion!)

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, driftintotheunknown, Irish Bastard

emerald
Hilikus

*Crickets*

Postby emerald » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Been a while. Things are pretty fancy around here now. :D

Jelger
Zedeveel

Re: *Crickets*

Postby Jelger » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:52 am

The look and mechanics of the forum have improved, the attendance has not. It's pretty much dead sadly.

tingky
The Fly Guy

Postby tingky » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:12 pm

I'd blame the lack of Incubus material captivating enough for people to fawn over.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:53 am

Yeah, for sure. Cool that some blasts from the past check in every now and then!

driftintotheunknown
Privileged

Postby driftintotheunknown » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:58 am

Not that anyone would remember me, but I came back to look at the board and sadly the old one is gone and locked up. So many good memories from years ago. Hard to believe it's been over 15 years since then. Those were the good old days, we would stay up talking all night about everything. New topics and discussions every minute in every forum. This board got me through some rough times and I'm forever grateful to it, the members, and of course Incubus. It would be good to know what everyone is up to these days, wish I'd kept in touch with the people I talked with back then. The old board had a few updates on some people which was cool. I'm glad to hear they are doing well. Some things never change, I still enjoy Fleetwood Mac and watch The Simpsons, ha.
--David Davey Dave

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:21 am

It's a shame the old content couldn't be migrated. But Steph said she is determined to keep it online indefinitely.

Bombs Away
Familiar

Postby Bombs Away » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:07 am

I've always been quite the lurker but have thoroughly enjoyed reading through most all the topics from time to time. I had the forum itself bookmarked; had been away for a while so when I returned I immediately noticed that there hadn't been posts in a few months. My first thought was... come on, Incubus hasn't been that inactive that this forum should be dead, especially given how the forum had thrived over the years. I was pretty bummed out and left.... Then I came back a week or so later just to see if maybe I could get an answer to what happened to the forums (Was gonna make a post on it) and finally noticed... there were new forums! :oops:

Not that a lot of lurkers are gonna help with activity here, but just putting it out there that somehow its not so obvious for some *dolts like me :shock: * that the forums have moved...

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:18 am

Good point.

I understand that and it's especially noticable since the old post couldn't be moved. The notification on the old board doesn't stand out *that* much either, I agree. But hey, feel free to throw off that lurker-cloack and join the posters :D

eclecticmuso12
Zeta

Postby eclecticmuso12 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:34 am

I still check the forum occasionally for updates etc, but haven't really been doing my part in livening things up around here as well as I should.

ReDMoSqUi
Megalomaniac

Postby ReDMoSqUi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 pm

When I started Familiar Incubus World, which became IncubusOnline, then merged and became this place, the one constant was the Message Board. The best place on that board? Mike and the Mechanical Dragon. It was the place we would get together and talk about nonsense and have a blast.

I wish I had access to all the old forum threads, sadly I lost all that years ago, and don't even have moderator privileges anymore.... But to be able to go through all those old threads and find gems would be a Herculean task....but well worth it.
- Jon (ReMoSqUi)

- Founder of incubusonline.com (formerly Familiar Incubus World)
- Founder of traversing.net (also via traversingboard.com)

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

ReDMoSqUi wrote:When I started Familiar Incubus World, which became IncubusOnline, then merged and became this place, the one constant was the Message Board. The best place on that board? Mike and the Mechanical Dragon. It was the place we would get together and talk about nonsense and have a blast.

I wish I had access to all the old forum threads, sadly I lost all that years ago, and don't even have moderator privileges anymore.... But to be able to go through all those old threads and find gems would be a Herculean task....but well worth it.

The old board is still here: http://incubusview.com/messboard/

It was overrun by bots though and since the security updates didn't work, a switch was needed. Unfortunately, the old topics couldn't be transferred, to my understanding.

Return to “Mike and the Mechanical Dragon”