Alcohol thread

Tales of Life\Cereal\Crazyness (Any socially conscious, politically driven, entertainment related, or general off topic discussion!)

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, driftintotheunknown, Irish Bastard

Look_Alive
Rogue

Alcohol thread

Postby Look_Alive » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:50 pm

These boards are dead and that's really sad. There may not be many of us here anymore but we still might as well chat about everything else in life.

Favourite alcohol? I adore Sailor Jerry's rum.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Re: Alcohol thread

Postby Jelger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:55 am

Hmmm, I don't drink nearly as much as a few years. I have learned to love a good gin/tonic, but my alcohol of choice would still be craft, local and/or stronger beers.

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:07 pm

My gotos:
    Whiskey - Breckenridge Bourbon Whiskey
    Best Beer - Deschutes Obsidian Stout... the bottled version is delicious, except after you have the nitro pour on tap, then it becomes just a little below delicious... as the nitro pour is the best tasting beer I've ever had
    Cheap Beer - Yuengling
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

Soap
Turbo Geek

Postby Soap » Thu May 04, 2017 10:15 pm

I drink a lot of different alcohols.

Beer. The old standby. Been loving dark beers lately. Luckily New Zealand has a thriving craft beer scene and almost all NZ hops are grown in the area I live in. Quite a few fresh hopped beers coming out at the moment.

Rum. My god I love rum. I love slamming Kracken and cokes all night as much as I love sipping an ice-packed Sailor Jerry's on a hot summer evening.

Gin. Started drinking gin a bit over the summer. Can't beat a gin and tonic with lime and a splash of bitters to quench your thirst.

Wine. My current go-to. Always red, never white. Syrahs, Pinots and the occasional chianti or something with a cool label/bottle.

Vodka. When I'm in the mood to get fucked up.

Whisky. I like it...too much. I try to stay away from it, lest The Monster reveal itself.

And one more that is a category on it's own: The White Russian. The Dude abides.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Fri May 05, 2017 5:20 am

My girlfriend discovered this Jenever (I guess it's gin, basically), made with rock sugar. It's brown, and it's delicious with ginger beer/ale, lime and mint. It's from a Dutch gin-producer, so I'm guessing it's only available here. But if you find something similar, try it.

Kreespa
Privileged

Postby Kreespa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:16 pm

*peeks in*

*waves*

tried a grapefruit beer in NYC last weekend. Schoenhoffer grapefruit or something like that. damn tasty. quite refreshing.

*runs and hides again*
You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train.

Cottonete
Hot Dancer

Postby Cottonete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Kreespa wrote:*peeks in*

*waves*

tried a grapefruit beer in NYC last weekend. Schoenhoffer grapefruit or something like that. damn tasty. quite refreshing.

*runs and hides again*

Hey Krista! It's been so long! Good to see you again. :)

Favourite alcohol, hm, I really like vermouths, which are made of wine + herbs, like the Martini Rosso, Bianco, etc. I have the taste of an old italian man. :lol:
Sebastián.
Some of my work! -->CottonPhotodesign / Incubus Pics @ Buenos Aires 2013
Oct 11th 2007 / Oct 5th 2010 / Dec 14th 2013 / Sep 28th 2017

TinCanPhone
The Karate Kid

Postby TinCanPhone » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 am

My wife owns a wine business so I'm inclined to go with those. Pinot noir please!

Return to “Mike and the Mechanical Dragon”