Page 9 of 11

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 am
by Jelger
Really, Vitamin would've been the show closer? That would've made that a pretty epic two song encore.

Just noticed they skipped Glitterbomb on the first night of this weekend, I think that's the first time since the album release that it wasnt played at a regular show.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:04 pm
by surftb15
Jelger wrote:Really, Vitamin would've been the show closer? That would've made that a pretty epic two song encore.

Just noticed they skipped Glitterbomb on the first night of this weekend, I think that's the first time since the album release that it wasnt played at a regular show.


Yea. Still a good set but nothing like day 3. Brandon had a ton of strain in his voice.


After the show I found out that the joint will be closing in 2019 after Branson bought the hotel.

Crazy! So many good incubus shows there.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:52 pm
by surftb15
Also I was able to confirm recording a new album this fall.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:34 am
by Jelger
That would be cool!

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:11 am
by legohair
surftb15 wrote:Also I was able to confirm recording a new album this fall.


Now this has made me a happy guy! Quite a quick turnaround if true. Glad there won't be another big old hiatus.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:14 am
by Jelger
surftb15 wrote:After the show I found out that the joint will be closing in 2019 after Branson bought the hotel.

Crazy! So many good incubus shows there.


In light of this (and being super bored), I decided to figure out what the average set list of 15 Incubus-shows at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas would look like. Over the course of 19 years, 1999 - 2018, this is the score:

1. Privilege
2. Anna Molly
3. Nice To Know You
4. Circles
5. Are You In?
6. Love Hurts
7. Megalomaniac
8. In The Company of Wolves
9. Vitamin
10. Pardon Me
11. Sick Sad Little World
12. Dig
13. Stellar
14. A Certain Shade of Green
15. Drive
16. A Crow Left of the Murder

17. Wish You Were Here
18. Warning

All these songs were played at five shows or more in Vegas, more than any other. The set length is the average length of their shows, with the note that their first three shows only had ten songs. Those three shows didn't have an encore, the twelve shows after those all had encores except for one during the 2015 tour. Privilege opened three of the fifteen shows, more than any other song, Warning closed four out of fifteen, more than any other. Crow was the main set closer three times, more than any other. Pardon Me and Drive were played at the most shows: thirteen in total.

They played 74 different song during their fifteen shows at the Joint, including covers of Let's Go Crazy (thrice), Need You Tonight and Pony. They played all the songs from Make Yourself at least once except Battlestar, every song from S.C.I.E.N.C.E. except Idiot Box and Summer Romance. A bunch of songs were played four times and just didn't make the cut: Nimble Bastard, State of the Art, Quicksand, A Kiss To Send Us Off, Paper Shoes, New Skin, The Warmth, Nowhere Fast. Favorite Things was only played at the very first show at the Hard Rock Hotel, but never played after. Every other song from that first show returned to the Vegas-set at least twice.

Ok, now I'm back to being a normal person again, with hobbies and a regular life.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm
by surftb15
Jelger wrote:
surftb15 wrote:After the show I found out that the joint will be closing in 2019 after Branson bought the hotel.

Crazy! So many good incubus shows there.


In light of this (and being super bored), I decided to figure out what the average set list of 15 Incubus-shows at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas would look like. Over the course of 19 years, 1999 - 2018, this is the score:

1. Privilege
2. Anna Molly
3. Nice To Know You
4. Circles
5. Are You In?
6. Love Hurts
7. Megalomaniac
8. In The Company of Wolves
9. Vitamin
10. Pardon Me
11. Sick Sad Little World
12. Dig
13. Stellar
14. A Certain Shade of Green
15. Drive
16. A Crow Left of the Murder

17. Wish You Were Here
18. Warning

All these songs were played at five shows or more in Vegas, more than any other. The set length is the average length of their shows, with the note that their first three shows only had ten songs. Those three shows didn't have an encore, the twelve shows after those all had encores except for one during the 2015 tour. Privilege opened three of the fifteen shows, more than any other song, Warning closed four out of fifteen, more than any other. Crow was the main set closer three times, more than any other. Pardon Me and Drive were played at the most shows: thirteen in total.

They played 74 different song during their fifteen shows at the Joint, including covers of Let's Go Crazy (thrice), Need You Tonight and Pony. They played all the songs from Make Yourself at least once except Battlestar, every song from S.C.I.E.N.C.E. except Idiot Box and Summer Romance. A bunch of songs were played four times and just didn't make the cut: Nimble Bastard, State of the Art, Quicksand, A Kiss To Send Us Off, Paper Shoes, New Skin, The Warmth, Nowhere Fast. Favorite Things was only played at the very first show at the Hard Rock Hotel, but never played after. Every other song from that first show returned to the Vegas-set at least twice.

Ok, now I'm back to being a normal person again, with hobbies and a regular life.


Nice work! It seems to me that the setlist above would be applicable for all incubus shows.

Let me add this... Incubus seems to be in the best spirits for quite some time. They're vibing more then they have in the past.. It's good to see.

Also the new album is some trust fall side B with a few new songs.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:24 am
by Jelger
Yeah, this is almost a sort of stock Incubus set. Except maybe for the fact that it has A Certain Shade of Green and it contains no new songs, but besides that this is almost the standard Incubus set.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:46 pm
by legohair
surftb15 wrote:Also the new album is some trust fall side B with a few new songs.


This from the horses mouth? If so very very welcome news :)

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:15 pm
by surftb15
legohair wrote:
surftb15 wrote:Also the new album is some trust fall side B with a few new songs.


This from the horses mouth? If so very very welcome news :)


Yep.

The band seems re-energized!

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:46 pm
by f
surftb15 wrote:Also I was able to confirm recording a new album this fall.


i hope you are not going for the longest april fools joke record lol.

this is great news.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:54 am
by Jazz
Can’t wait to see what they’ll play in Europe. Especially, those back to back shows in London.

It’s been awhile since the last time i was impressed with a setlist. Hope they play some rarities in Europe instead of the casual fan set.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:29 am
by Jelger
Punch Drunk made its tour debut last night. First time it's played live in almost five years, last time was december 14th, 2013.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjd2QnujLlg/?tagged=incubus

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:15 pm
by Jelger
Two surprises last night in the set. The return of two INNW-songs:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/incubus/ ... a4d6e.html

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 am
by Jelger
Night two in Alaska. Some changes in the order of the setlist, six different songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/incubus/ ... a4d6d.html

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:28 am
by Look_Alive
I got night one of London because I didn't expect it to go for a second night. Anticipating hits, to be honest - they usually have hits first night, rarities second night when they've done double headers in the UK, will be a shame to miss out on anything good on the second night.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:06 pm
by Jelger
You're not living in London or close to it, right? Otherwise I'd say try to get a ticket!

I'm seeing them three times, expecting at least twice the same set. I've set the bar low. Besides songs from 8 I'm hoping to see three or so songs I havent seen live before. Warning being the most likely candidate. I'm hoping for Echo.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am
by Jelger
Was anybody at Riot Fest? Don't expect anything interesting from that set, but for the sake of completeness, I'd love to add it to setlist.fm.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 pm
by Jazz
Jelger wrote:Was anybody at Riot Fest? Don't expect anything interesting from that set, but for the sake of completeness, I'd love to add it to setlist.fm.



Riot Fest is until September 16-18.

I’m starting to lose faith with this band. I don’t remember a tour from them were they’ve been repeating the same set in each city. I bet everyone who goes to the show have fun, but it seems like they just want to see people going bananas with songs like Drive and Wish You Were here.

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:58 am
by Jelger
Yeah, this july run was really stale. They soundchecked Made For TV Movie, rehearsed Undefeated, but none of these songs make the cut.

But I reject the idea they are playing more hits than before. The miner show in Chile had an almost equal amount of hits to their sets now, but it's what surrounds the hits that make the set great.