2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Seeing Incubus at a show? Just get back from one? Let us know all about it here.

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, Ty, Jazz

Dean Youngblood
Hot Dancer

Re: 2017 Setlists [Spoilers]

Postby Dean Youngblood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Agreed. Semi-regular tweaks are encouraging. It's a shame they feel so locked in to singles. They need to do a small venue tour.

nevermind28
Familiar

Postby nevermind28 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 pm

A smaller venue tour would be great. I was supposed to see them on that small theater tour years ago and thirty minutes into the trip they cancelled, either Boyd was sick or Mikes hand. But anyway, they sounded excellent last night. That was the one set I was hoping not to get, and I honestly didn't leave disappointed. I was super surprised at how heavy the new songs sounded live. I never had an issue with the production of the CD, but after hearing the initial version of NB and how these songs sound live, I'd love to hear the Dave Sardy mix

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:06 am

Set A just got Stellar added apparently.

Dean Youngblood
Hot Dancer

Postby Dean Youngblood » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:36 am

Just got out of Chicago. Exact same set as Cleveland.

So bummed I didn't get SSLW at either of my shows. What are the odds. BUT adding Stellar and Forest>Map vs WIBAM and Wolves made the set a ton better than NJ.

As bummed as I was...getting to watch the show FROM THE STAGE made up for it in spades! What an incredible experience. MIXhalo was so cool as well. Will post a full review in a bit if anyone cares, but the sound quality was incredible. So cool to hear all the subtle things Kil and Jose do especially. Could isolate Brandon's guitar parts on INNW/Pantomime.

That said, the sound quality without MIXhalo on was brutal on the stage. Not surprising in hindsight but definitely something to consider. Felt bad for the people without headphones, was Ben side and I was really hard to hear Mike.

Chevy Chase
Rogue

Postby Chevy Chase » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:44 am

I haven't posted in a while, but one word sums up Chicago....disappointed. Every time some energy was flowing, the band killed it with a slow moving single. A 1 song encore? They still had 15 minutes of time left per IL regulations. Just felt so underwhelmed for first time in my 15 shows.
-Kevin

"Good evening, I'm Chevy Chase and you're not"

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:53 am

Oh man that's a bummer. I kinda get it, looking at the pacing of the setlist, but a shame to hear that from a seasoned Incubus concertgoer.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:33 am

Pistola made a debut last night in the C-setlist, instead of Make No Sound.

Dean Youngblood
Hot Dancer

Postby Dean Youngblood » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:14 am

I swear sometimes this band is f'ing with me. Managed to get Bx2 when both times the band "strayed from the pattern" a bit leading up to the show.

Pistols w/Tom Sawyer is a dream add. I almost went to Indy too but couldn't do the drive with work.

Awesome that they did it though. Hope people enjoyed in Indy.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:18 am

Pistola again last night, this time in Set A, replacing The Original.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:58 am

Seems that they are slowly, but surely, eliminating INNW from the setlists.

'Wolves' is gone and now 'The Original'. I have a feeling within the next week or so, 'INN,W?' will be gone, too. Sad, but I get it.

I do like that 'Pistola' is making a come back, though. Maybe some more rarities will pop up soon. I'm sure they'll go all out for the Hollywood Bowl show...gotta show up for your hometown.
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXUSRkBDtqf/

Solange joined the band in New Orleans for Aqueous Transmission last night.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:26 pm

According to setlist.fm last night The Original, Nowhere Fast (with X-French T-shirt!!!!), Pantomime and Alice in Chains' Would were soundchecked!

Which means we know that the band at least has these yet unplayed songs in their repertoire, which makes the lack of rotation all the more frustrating:

Echo
Under My Umbrella
A Certain Shade of Green
Nowhere Fast (with X-French T-Shirt)
I Miss You
Familiar Faces
Trust Fall
Absolution Calling
Make Out Party
Would (Alice in Chains cover)

BG3eb
Human Magic Marker

Postby BG3eb » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Has there been anything in regards to bootlegs coming out of this tour so far?

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Jelger wrote:According to setlist.fm last night The Original, Nowhere Fast (with X-French T-shirt!!!!), Pantomime and Alice in Chains' Would were soundchecked!

Which means we know that the band at least has these yet unplayed songs in their repertoire, which makes the lack of rotation all the more frustrating:

Echo
Under My Umbrella
A Certain Shade of Green
Nowhere Fast (with X-French T-Shirt)
I Miss You
Familiar Faces
Trust Fall
Absolution Calling
Make Out Party
Would (Alice in Chains cover)

I'm thinking they are waiting for Hollywood Bowl, the stops in South America and the Vegas shows to pull out these songs and other rarities.

I'm also still hoping we get a DVD out of the Vegas shows, somehow. With 5 nights to work with, it would be great if they could set up shop like HQ, stream it and put on DVD. I'm not sure if the management at The Joint would agree to it or not, though. I'm not even sure the band would even want to do that again, tbh. They stated it was a lot of stress putting that together. A person can dream, though, right?
-Brandi

Such is a sight to see

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:03 am

I think the stress mainly came from the whole HQ experience, where everything was live, they did shows, Q&A's, regular interviews, workshops... It was a lot.

If they just do a live DVD, it should require little effort from the band. Have Jules record some backstage material, like he already does, maybe a rig rundown or something like that with the band members, and just set up camera's for the actual show. That doesn't really involve the band that much. However, it is a costly thing and I doubt they will earn their money back on such a big operation, to be honest.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:36 am

A DVD of just the live concert works for me. As long as they don't cut from concert to behind the scenes stuff too much; closer to Alive At Red Rocks than Look Alive. I think the Look Alive DVD suffered a little from that format of cutting back and forth and splicing footage from various venues as opposed to one; it kind of takes you out of the concert experience a little bit. But I think they just wanted more of a documentary vibe than a full on concert vibe on that one.

Like you said, though, the front end cost might be the biggest factor. I just love that, from all the way back to 2001 (When Incubus Attacks Vol 2), we have DVDs that capture the era of each album. I'd hate to see that end. But they are under a new label, new management, ect. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
-Brandi

Such is a sight to see

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out for sure.
Actually, I'd love a documentary in combination with a live show. In the vein of PJ's Twenty and Foo's Back and Forth. Like a sort of mix of the two. What I really liked about Back and Forth was that it was brutally honest: Dave admitting he was a dick to his (now former) band members during the Colour and the Shape era), having all the ex-members talking about their experience with the band, the tension between Taylor and Dave around One by One.

I'd love to see that from Incubus, especially if it offers more insight into the departure of Dirk and Rennie. Not sure if you'd want to include Lyfe in a documentary like that, because he just seems batshit crazy and has/had a personal vendetta against Kil, even getting a restraining order if I remember correctly.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:14 am

Oh, the band going in depth about their history would be interesting. Good idea.

And yeah, best to leave Lyfe out of it, if possible. Dude seems like a straight up nut case.
-Brandi

Such is a sight to see

Nicubus
Rogue

Postby Nicubus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:44 pm

I like that documentary on the history of Incubus idea, would but very interesting to see.

However, my dream DVD would still be one documenting the creation process of a new album. Think "While We Were Out" from Crow just more in depth. It would've been great to have it for 8, but for whatever comes next I hope they think of something like that.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Saw them last night in San Diego and it was awesome! It was my 23rd time seeing them and i have no complaints with the setlist. The only thing i wish is if they could play some deep songs for their hardcore fans.

Highlights were:
Glitterbomb
Pantomime
Make no sound in the digital forest(This song sounded so good!)
If Not Now,When?
Aqueous Transmission

Can't wait to see them again in Santa Barbara.

Return to “That Side of the Floor”