2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Seeing Incubus at a show? Just get back from one? Let us know all about it here.

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, Ty, Jazz

Jelger
Zedeveel

Re: 2017-2018 Setlists [Spoilers]

Postby Jelger » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:23 am

Again in Paris.

@Nicubus: I get what you were saying. I was glad I saw Calgone/Need You Tonight in Cologne, got Glitterbomb in Munich. I understand missing out on Calgone sucks, haha.

Does anyone else find it a shame that we get snippets of the band rehearsing songs like Nimble and Surveillance during soundchecks, but that they never really shake up the setlist? I mean, would it hurt the setlist to switch out Kiss/Circles for one of those songs every other night? I've seen them six times now, and I just made a quick average setlist of those six shows and the setlist for these European shows are basically exactly that setlist, with the only changes being In The Company of Wolves and Adolescents entering the fold instead of State of the Art and Glitterbomb/Calgone.

Look_Alive
Rogue

Postby Look_Alive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:54 am

Went to see them Thursday at Brixton. Really great gig, up there with the last couple of times I've seen them. Good setlist too, the new songs fitted in pretty well. Brandon sounded really good too.

Crowd was really up for it too.

Also, the Panjabi break down in Privilege is great.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

legohair
Hot Dancer

Postby legohair » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Caught the Manchester gig tonight after missing out on the INN,W tour & kicking myself ever since.

I've seen the guys at the Manchester Evening News Arena during the Crow tour (my favourite era) and the Light Grenades tour, yet tonight was the greatest of the three (helped by not being in the Arena I suppose as well - Apollo being a nicer smaller venue) and damn near my all time favourite gig, From the moment the band took stage till the lights went up I was just happy and calm and feeling good. They were absolutely phenomenal.

The band were tight and Brandon sounded great. A couple of hiccups here and there but he was just wonderful. There were little jams before a few of the songs and the way they've added or switched around some passages of older tracks was a really nice touch, especially in Circles, Echo and AKTSUO. WYWH was especially gentle and calming too.

The stage lights and backgrounds complemented everything well, a nice pink glow throughout too. Merch was quite nice, got myself a black tour tee with dates on the back. If I had the money and means to catch them on every UK date this tour I would have done.

Setlist:

Privilege (with Punjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke cover in the middle breakdown which I did NOT expect, it was so random and great)
Anna Molly
Megalomaniac
A Kiss To Send Us Off (the middle part was extended slightly)
State Of The Art
Circles (The ending was jammed out in a similar way to how Echo has been)
Echo (with rockier ending)
Pardon Me (Extended Intro that sounded like it could have been Pardon Me or SSLW)
Sick Sad Little World (Slightly changed second verse instrumental)
No Fun
Love Hurts
Calgone (With INXS - Need You Tonight Cover)
Vitamin (With original breakdown)
Are You In (With Gin & Juice Cover)
With You Were Here (With Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Cover)

Here In My Room
Drive (Started with piano and led into full band during the second verse/chorus)
ACLOTM (Slightly extended extra part near the end)

Great set choices, loved the Punjabi MC cover and Gin & Juice.

The only track that fell on its ass a bit was State Of The Art, I really wish they'd have played Nimble Bastard/Glitterbomb or even one of the other album cuts instead, it was the least dynamic and kinda boring. Other than that (and Punchdrunk evading me as it did in 2007 - was hoping for it tonight) it was everything I wanted and more, and I thought they wouldn't top seeing them on the Crow or LG tours. I'll never forget seeing and hearing Calgone live as long as I live, didn't expect it at all, let alone followed by Vitamin. I'd have loved a bit more 8, but overall it was an all encompassing setlist that had plenty of surprises, especially as I kept away from spoilers for the European tour setlist so far which was a first as I usually ruin it for myself.

A very special night, one to remember - the guys are still delivering the goods on stage.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 am

Good to hear man! And though I really like State of the Art, I kinda agree with you about the live-version.

Also: first show since the early 2016 shows where they played two songs from SCIENCE!

legohair
Hot Dancer

Postby legohair » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:43 am

I can't understand dropping Nimble Bastard in place of SOTA, No Fun was good and got a good reception, everyone was singing, but the real lull was in State Of The Art.

I didn't expect Calgone at all, it was probably a bucket list track of mine to hear after the last time they were doing it it was slowed down a bit, or the version I saw on YT was.

For that to then be followed by Vitamin was just a jaw dropper. Circles followed by Echo was just as awesome.

The funny bit was, in the pub next to the venue just before the gig I heard some guy remark that there was no point watching Incubus anymore as they 'don't play anything from SCIENCE anymore' lo and behold the one two combo happened.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:07 pm

It’s sad that the band will probably never play New Skin live ever again. I had a lot of fun at the shows i went on this tour, but that song has always been on my bucket list for the past 6 tours or so.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 am

The tease from the bridge in Vitamin, they did in 2015, was so sick. It would be awesome if they did that transition for real. From Vitamin into New Skin, that would make old school fans go nuts.

Return to “That Side of the Floor”