2017 Setlists [Spoilers]

Seeing Incubus at a show? Just get back from one? Let us know all about it here.

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, Ty, Jazz

SinkBeneath
Hot Dancer

Re: 2017 Setlists [Spoilers]

Postby SinkBeneath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:39 am

Jazz wrote:Saw them last night in San Diego and it was awesome! It was my 23rd time seeing them and i have no complaints with the setlist. The only thing i wish is if they could play some deep songs for their hardcore fans.

Highlights were:
Glitterbomb
Pantomime
Make no sound in the digital forest(This song sounded so good!)
If Not Now,When?
Aqueous Transmission

Can't wait to see them again in Santa Barbara.

Great pit/ crowd last night. Good show. Also seeing them in SB bowl and one of Vegas weekends.
you should always carry napkins with you

9/2/15, 8/30/15, 8/29/15, 8/28/15, 9/10/12, 4/27/12, 10/15/11, 10/13/11, 10/7/11, 7/15/11, 7/5/11, 10/16/10, 7/13/09, 7/10/09, 7/9/09, 6/22/09, 9/8/07, 9/7/07, 7/12/07, 7/11/7, 7/10/07, 2/13/07, 7/11/07, 9/5/04, 8/18/04, 8/16/03
Mike: 11/21/09_/8/23/2008

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 am

So for the Hollywood Bowl-show they played the A-set, but dropped Redefine and replaced it with Dig+Pantomime. Two songs for one is not a bad deal, but man... fans of SCIENCE really have a hard time this tour.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 am

I'm a little surprised by the Hollywood Bowl setlist, tbh. It's not a bad setlist by any stretch, but..no tour debut song and 'Redefine' got axed. I figured they would play some version of setlist A, but I would have bet money that 'Familiar Faces' or something they soundchecked and hadn't played yet would make an appearance. Instead, they made set list A more like B and C.

Good to hear the band sounded great, once again. I can't believe that by the end of this week, they'll have 32 tour dates (in 44 days) checked off the list and will be taking a well deserved break before hitting South America. It's going by so fast!!
-Brandi

We stand undefined
Can't be drawn with a straight line
This will not be our ending
We are alive, we are alive

Evanescence-Imperfection

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 am

I've watched a lot of videos and you still can hear very obvious cracks in Brandon's voice here and there. But going back to some live videos of 2011/2012 or even earlier, I noticed those were there all the time.

As for people expecting they would play a special set in California, I don't think they've really ever done that on a big tour. This is just a tour that has three stock-sets with little variation. And I'm expecting them to stick with the pattern now until the end of this year, save for the Vegas-shows of course.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am

Jelger wrote:As for people expecting they would play a special set in California, I don't think they've really ever done that on a big tour. This is just a tour that has three stock-sets with little variation. And I'm expecting them to stick with the pattern now until the end of this year, save for the Vegas-shows of course.

Point taken. As many dates as they're playing, it kind of makes sense to stick to a couple of sets. Hardcore fans may not like it, but I'm guessing it's a lot easier for the band to make it through the tour if they don't have to make too many changes.
Last edited by The Idler Wheel on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Brandi

We stand undefined

Evanescence-Imperfection

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 am

Most (casual) fans don't even know the prior setlists. Switching it up at least a bit every night just seems more interesting for a band too, if you ask me, but these guys now what their doing after all these years. And the reviews are good! Well... except this one: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/ji ... 17-9589303

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 am

Yeah, just saw that one. There are a couple of reviews out there were the writers take their potshots here and there, but overall the reviews are good and the new songs are holding up well alongside the hits.
Last edited by The Idler Wheel on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Brandi

We stand undefined

Evanescence-Imperfection

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:53 am

So according to one Redditer, the band soundchecked New Skin at Tinley Park a few weeks back. Add that to the songs they haven't played so far. There are a lot of exciting possibilities for Vegas though.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:43 pm

The band obviously know that their fans are desperate to hear New Skin live. Hope they play it soon.

Rennie once said that he used to beg them during soundchecks to play New Skin at every show.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Last show of the tour tonight. So what's the overall feeling about the tour?

Obviously, I haven't been to a show this tour, so only judging from videos and setlists: I thought in most videos the band sounded really good, Brandon far from perfect but much better than at the start of the year. Setlist-wise, disappointing, but enough has been said about that. I was really excited about the return of Redefine and Aqueous, but after that the setlists became pretty stale. Very strange that they played Are You In? only once and that they didn't even touch Adolescents, if you ask me.

Chidori8698
The Karate Kid

Postby Chidori8698 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Jelger wrote:Last show of the tour tonight. So what's the overall feeling about the tour?

Obviously, I haven't been to a show this tour, so only judging from videos and setlists: I thought in most videos the band sounded really good, Brandon far from perfect but much better than at the start of the year. Setlist-wise, disappointing, but enough has been said about that. I was really excited about the return of Redefine and Aqueous, but after that the setlists became pretty stale. Very strange that they played Are You In? only once and that they didn't even touch Adolescents, if you ask me.

I've seen Incubus many times and hold them in high respect in terms of a live band. On this tour I saw them in Mountain View, CA. I don't know if it was an off night, or what the deal was, but not only was it the worst Incubus concert I've ever been to, but it was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to. Jimmy Eat World was great, Incubus left a lot to be desired. While the musicianship seemed on point, Brandon was just not into it and honestly seemed way off. Even my wife wondered what type of high he was on, because he was not present and the quality of his voice has diminished tremendously. Sure, I'll keep in mind that the show was a third night in a row for the guys, but it was borderline lethargic. Thank god the audience made up for them. Setlist was terrible, and I'm not even speaking to the song choices, but more the flow. Something stinks... I'm actually worried for the band. No chemistry this show.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:33 am

Uf... that sounds rough. Not the first diehard Incubus-fan to come home disappointed this tour.

2012ac
The Karate Kid

Postby 2012ac » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello all, I went to the Fresno show on the 15th and I thought they were great. Brandon wasn't perfect but he was great and full of energy. As far as the setlist goes it was pretty good, I think they did a good job of mixing in the new songs with the old. My gf is only a casual fan and she loved the show because they played mostly songs she knew and liked, including songs off of 8. The only nitpick i have is the amount of time it takes them to go from song to song, there is a pause between songs that I wish was non existent or maybe Brandon could talk to the crowd or something. I sat on Mikes side and he changes guitars more than ever before and he also has a ton of effect adjustments to do, so I know that takes time, it was to the point that before they played Dig Brandon was standing there pointing at Mike like trying to tell the crowd that Mike was the holdup. Unlike some of y'all on the board I am not worried about the band, they are still the best live band I've seen and are headlining shows and putting out music, slowly but still doing it.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Right now, I'm not worried about the band. But I totally get your waiting comment. When I saw them, I also noticed that they have large gaps between songs.

HAM
The Fly Guy

Postby HAM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Chidori8698 wrote:
Jelger wrote:Last show of the tour tonight. So what's the overall feeling about the tour?

I've seen Incubus many times and hold them in high respect in terms of a live band. On this tour I saw them in Mountain View, CA. I don't know if it was an off night, or what the deal was, but not only was it the worst Incubus concert I've ever been to, but it was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to. Jimmy Eat World was great, Incubus left a lot to be desired. While the musicianship seemed on point, Brandon was just not into it and honestly seemed way off. Even my wife wondered what type of high he was on, because he was not present and the quality of his voice has diminished tremendously. Sure, I'll keep in mind that the show was a third night in a row for the guys, but it was borderline lethargic. Thank god the audience made up for them. Setlist was terrible, and I'm not even speaking to the song choices, but more the flow. Something stinks... I'm actually worried for the band. No chemistry this show.

So you're telling me even though the opening band was great, the main act (who presumably is one of your favorite bands since you post here) was SOOOO BAD that overall it was one of the worst concerts you've ever been to?

I enjoyed my show. It wasn't my favorite, wasn't my least favorite (I've been to 20 Incubus shows). For what it's worth, I didn't look up setlists so I didn't know what to expect.

Also I didn't think Jimmy Eat World was very good, but sound quality was quite poor at my venue.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 am

^Same as me. I didn't look at a setlist before my show and i had a great time.

I always said that if you look at a setlist before a show, you can feel disappointed during the show and that definitely ruins the experience.

I was a bit surprised not seeing Trust Fall again. The band looked like they had fun playing it on the 2015 tour and i thought it was going to stay on the setlist for this tour.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 am

Predictions for the South America sets? I don't expect much different sets, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trust Fall/Absolution Calling featured, since they didn't do SA-shows for Trust Fall.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am

It doesn't look like anything made a debut last night, but it was a festival show so I'm not surprised.

Let's see what happens in Bogota.
-Brandi

We stand undefined

Evanescence-Imperfection

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:31 am

Well, Colombia got Echo last night.

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 am

Cool. I like 'Echo' a lot, so I think that's a nice addition.
-Brandi

We stand undefined

Evanescence-Imperfection

Return to “That Side of the Floor”