MY is barely llegal now lol

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

TinCanPhone
Turbo Geek

MY is barely llegal now lol

Postby TinCanPhone » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Happy 18th birthday Make Yourself! My goodness do I feel old.

"THe Warmth" got me through the hardest times of adolescence. For that track alone I am so happy this album was released!

Soap
Turbo Geek

Re: MY is barely llegal now lol

Postby Soap » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:02 am

Looking back at what feels like a lifetime, this album was my first exposure to the band. But not until Drive was released almost two years after the album. It wasn't until I had my mind blown by Science that I dived into the album Make Yourself. The two have never been on the same level for me; Science will always be my go-to. But it's still a great album, one that's lyrically inspiring when you're in your early 20's and trying to find your feet.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Re: MY is barely llegal now lol

Postby Jelger » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:32 am

A great album, with great songs and great singles (yes, Drive is overplayed, but at its core it's a good song). Very different from SCIENCE, and I'd argue it's the biggest leap the band musically made, except maybe LG-INNW. There is more restraint than on SCIENCE and it's the album where Kil shines the most.

That being said, lately I've been starting to feel like this album hasn't aged that well for me. When I last listened to it two weeks ago, Brandon's singing was unrecognizably whiny for me. Not like the mid-2000's emo-whiny, but still... I never had that feeling before.

Return to “Incubus”