News and Updates

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

JLynn943
The Karate Kid
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Re: News and Updates

Postby JLynn943 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Pretty sure they did random shows without the Deftones last tour? I saw them at the Sands in Bethlehem, PA that tour by themselves. Maybe they'll have random smaller venues like that again.
June 30, 2004 - Hershey, PA
August 8, 2007 - Philadelphia, PA
August 8, 2009 - Philadelphia, PA
September 10, 2011 - Camden, NJ
May 13, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA
May 16, 2012 - Bethlehem, PA
August 16, 2012 - Camden, NJ
July 31, 2015 - Bethlehem, PA
August 8, 2015 - Camden, NJ

User avatar
Dean Youngblood
Hot Dancer
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:17 pm
Location: NJ

Re: News and Updates

Postby Dean Youngblood » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Wow one piece of disappointment after another.

Ampitheatres...with Jimmy Eat World? Really??

Last time I saw them dual-headline they played 17 songs. Play small clubs, play 20+ songs, and go deeper into the catalog...the co-headline plan isn't going to make the band relevant again (sadly).

Haven't played real Incubus shows in the US in 5-6 years. Lame.

JLynn943
The Karate Kid
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Re: News and Updates

Postby JLynn943 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Dean Youngblood wrote:Wow one piece of disappointment after another.

Ampitheatres...with Jimmy Eat World? Really??

Last time I saw them dual-headline they played 17 songs. Play small clubs, play 20+ songs, and go deeper into the catalog...the co-headline plan isn't going to make the band relevant again (sadly).

Haven't played real Incubus shows in the US in 5-6 years. Lame.


You're in NJ, so if they come back to Bethlehem, PA (as solo headliners) like last tour, make the trek.
June 30, 2004 - Hershey, PA
August 8, 2007 - Philadelphia, PA
August 8, 2009 - Philadelphia, PA
September 10, 2011 - Camden, NJ
May 13, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA
May 16, 2012 - Bethlehem, PA
August 16, 2012 - Camden, NJ
July 31, 2015 - Bethlehem, PA
August 8, 2015 - Camden, NJ

Jazz
Privileged
Posts: 6256
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:33 am
Location: nowhere.

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jazz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:22 pm

JLynn943 wrote:Pretty sure they did random shows without the Deftones last tour? I saw them at the Sands in Bethlehem, PA that tour by themselves. Maybe they'll have random smaller venues like that again.


Yeah they did but the setlist didn't change at all.

The final show in Vegas was just Incubus and they added a few surprises.

Juan.
The Fly Guy
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: News and Updates

Postby Juan. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm

High quality image of the lyrics.

Image

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Arvada, CO

Re: News and Updates

Postby Blind Melon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Incubus and Jimmy? That's awesome! Hopefully more dates get added soon.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

Ty
Privileged
Posts: 6995
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:40 pm

Re: News and Updates

Postby Ty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 am

I'm sick of amphitheaters as well. As much as I'm excited to see Jimmy Eat World a few times, I can't help but reminisce about the small theater tour in 2007 (today is actually 10 years since the Chicago show).

There's just something about the energy in those smaller places. They could crush a tour like that again, easily. Maybe one day...

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:50 am

Lucky americans !

In Europe, we haven't had a real headline tour since 2007 (and not in every countries). Last indoor gig in Belgium was in 2004 (and it was :twisted:). They only did huge festivals in the past ten years.
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:13 am

Yeah, they did some headline shows in 2012, but that was part festival/part headline and they did two headline shows in 2015 (Milan/London)... They did have a headline tour planned in 2011, but then Mike and Brandon fell ill. It's time.

Then again, the last headline tour in the US was in 2011 too. After that it was co-headlining shows and festivals too.

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:38 pm

According to Dave Sardy's Instagram, he s still on the mix of the album.
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

User avatar
redonkulousemu
Hot Dancer
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: Orange County
Contact:

Re: News and Updates

Postby redonkulousemu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56 am

IncubusBelgium wrote:According to Dave Sardy's Instagram, he s still on the mix of the album.


Well that means we wont get a vinyl for quite a while. Most waiting lists are months long. Really hope they don't push the release date back to have the vinyl come out at the same time. Hopefully they take more time to master it correctly for vinyl because Trust Fall sounded like ass. The good news is it means the album is done, recording wise, so it will be here sooner than later.

On the tour: I was actually a huge fan of Jimmy Eat World in the early 2000's when I really got into Incubus, granted I never kept up with them past Bleed American. I have a hard time believing they're co-headlining because I feel like Jimmy Eat World has always been far less popular than Incubus. I don't remember them ever playing amphitheaters on their own like Incubus has, mostly just smaller capacity indoor theaters/venues and such around me at least. Then again, the same could be said about Incubus when they were co-headlining with Linkin Park during the Honda Civic tour. And maybe the dates released so far are the only ones for this "Ticket to Rock" tour, and afterwards/before they'll do a normal solo tour.
Incubus: 7/9/09, 10/16/10, 6/25/11, 7/1/11, 7/5/11, 8/10/11, 10/8/11, 10/15/11, 4/27/12, 5/25/12, 5/26/12, 9/8/12, 9/10/12, 12/13/14, 8/28/15, 8/29/15, 8/30/15
Ben Kenney: 10/8/11, 6/19/13, 6/22/13, 6/23/13, 7/19/14
Willie's Nerve Clinic: a shit ton of times
Chris Kilmore: 9/9/12, 6/22/13, 2/12/14
Brandon Boyd: 2/12/14

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 am

By late august Jimmy Eat World is playing in Europe, so the tour wont last that long.

Jazz
Privileged
Posts: 6256
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:33 am
Location: nowhere.

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jazz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:21 am

Jelger wrote:By late august Jimmy Eat World is playing in Europe, so the tour wont last that long.


Really? well the san francisco show is listed with Jimmy Eat World and was scheduled for July 26th but now it's for August 16th.

They have this benefit show in LA on April and it would be awesome if they do a warm up show before that one at one of the LA music clubs. Like they did at the Echoplex in 2009 which is considered as the best show ever by a lot of fans.

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:11 am

While only 400 people were there, haha. I can't say if it was the best ever, The Echoplex was special though. The best recorded show I have is the one from Chile in 2010.

And yeah, Jimmy Eat World has Europe dates until July 2nd, and is in Amsterdam again on August 23rd. http://www.jimmyeatworld.com/

User avatar
Look_Alive
Rogue
Posts: 1536
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: News and Updates

Postby Look_Alive » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:50 am

IncubusBelgium wrote:Lucky americans !

In Europe, we haven't had a real headline tour since 2007 (and not in every countries). Last indoor gig in Belgium was in 2004 (and it was :twisted:). They only did huge festivals in the past ten years.


That's a bit harsh on the band - we were due to have a proper headline tour in 2011 and we did get a load of shows, albeit mainly in the UK and western Europe, before they had to cancel due to Brandon being ill.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

Image

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:02 am

Look_Alive wrote:
IncubusBelgium wrote:Lucky americans !

In Europe, we haven't had a real headline tour since 2007 (and not in every countries). Last indoor gig in Belgium was in 2004 (and it was :twisted:). They only did huge festivals in the past ten years.


That's a bit harsh on the band - we were due to have a proper headline tour in 2011 and we did get a load of shows, albeit mainly in the UK and western Europe, before they had to cancel due to Brandon being ill.


Only 3 dates were cancelled (Amsterdam, Luxemburg & Frankfurt) and never rescheduled (had to go to Luxemburg, that was quite frustrating). After that, only a very small range of indoor venues were selected for the tour. Touring almost only in big festivals, that's not what I call a massive one.

Hope there's more to come for us :)
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:28 am

Juan. wrote:High quality image of the lyrics.

Image


This vocal clip is probably from Nimble Bastard:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO0djWkg1fy ... iger&hl=en

I believe Brandon sings:
'Far down (uh-huh)'

User avatar
SinkBeneath
Hot Dancer
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:16 am
Location: Moorpark, CA

Re: News and Updates

Postby SinkBeneath » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Jelger wrote:While only 400 people were there, haha. I can't say if it was the best ever, The Echoplex was special though. The best recorded show I have is the one from Chile in 2010.

And yeah, Jimmy Eat World has Europe dates until July 2nd, and is in Amsterdam again on August 23rd. http://www.jimmyeatworld.com/

I was at the echoplex show. It was great but I'm not sure it cracks my top 3

Where's Krespa these days ?
you should always carry napkins with you

9/2/15, 8/30/15, 8/29/15, 8/28/15, 9/10/12, 4/27/12, 10/15/11, 10/13/11, 10/7/11, 7/15/11, 7/5/11, 10/16/10, 7/13/09, 7/10/09, 7/9/09, 6/22/09, 9/8/07, 9/7/07, 7/12/07, 7/11/7, 7/10/07, 2/13/07, 7/11/07, 9/5/04, 8/18/04, 8/16/03
Mike: 11/21/09_/8/23/2008

User avatar
dabassmon
Hot Dancer
Posts: 894
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: News and Updates

Postby dabassmon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:12 pm

redonkulousemu wrote:
IncubusBelgium wrote:According to Dave Sardy's Instagram, he s still on the mix of the album.


Well that means we wont get a vinyl for quite a while. Most waiting lists are months long. Really hope they don't push the release date back to have the vinyl come out at the same time. Hopefully they take more time to master it correctly for vinyl because Trust Fall sounded like ass. The good news is it means the album is done, recording wise, so it will be here sooner than later.

On the tour: I was actually a huge fan of Jimmy Eat World in the early 2000's when I really got into Incubus, granted I never kept up with them past Bleed American. I have a hard time believing they're co-headlining because I feel like Jimmy Eat World has always been far less popular than Incubus. I don't remember them ever playing amphitheaters on their own like Incubus has, mostly just smaller capacity indoor theaters/venues and such around me at least. Then again, the same could be said about Incubus when they were co-headlining with Linkin Park during the Honda Civic tour. And maybe the dates released so far are the only ones for this "Ticket to Rock" tour, and afterwards/before they'll do a normal solo tour.



I'm really hoping this is the case. I don't mind the co-headlining deal (the Incubus/Deftones tour was a dream show for me), but I have even less interest in seeing Jimmy Eat World than I did Linkin Park, and I ended up skipping that show altogether, because I couldn't justify paying for a more expensive ticket than a normal Incubus show to either see a band I have no desire to see, or walk out halfway through a concert.
-Alex


Kill your doubt...with coldest of weapons: Confidence.

Venetian Pendulum
The Karate Kid
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: News and Updates

Postby Venetian Pendulum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Honestly, Ticket to Rock seems like a summer concert series, not really what a the band will rely on to promote an album. I would be entirely shocked (and really am not counting on) these being the major shows. The shows are actually bundled in a super affordable way so you can see 3 of these 2-band shows for $55 at different venues, which is pretty sick.

For example in Boston (where I'm from), we get:

Deftones and Rise Against – July 16 – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
Incubus with Jimmy Eat World – July 18 – Xfinity Center
Korn / Stone Sour – July 20 – Xfinity Center
Sublime With Rome & The Offspring – September 15 – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion


15 years ago, some of these bands together would have exploded most US cities. Will I go in 2017? Most likely yes.
Do I expect a separate Incubus tour leg for at least the US? Also most likely yes.


Return to “Incubus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest