News and Updates

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Re: News and Updates

Postby The Idler Wheel » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Jelger wrote:The instrument on Brandon's IG stories right now, anyone know what it is?

It's in the autoharp/dulcimer family, for sure, but I'm not sure what this particular version is called. I'll do some research.

ETA: It looks like it might be a version of a Bulbul Tarang, essentially an Indian banjo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckFQP_TYEk

ETA 2:

I believe the model Brandon has is called a Shahi Baaja

https://www.amazon.com/Shahi-Baaja-Electronic-Paloma-Green/dp/B002NESGES
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:33 am

Cool, hope these kinds of instruments make it to the studio.

incuboy2012ad
The Karate Kid

Postby incuboy2012ad » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:32 pm

http://loudwire.com/best-hard-rock-albums-1999/

Make Yourself ranked #6 on Loudwire's Top 15 Albums of 1999. I forgot how many great albums came out that year. Cant believe its 20 years later. Waiting impatiently to see what's up with Make Yourself 2.0

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Man, the fall of 1999 produced some amazing music! Make Yourself, RATM's "The Battle of L.A." and Fiona Apple's "When The Pawn..." came out within days of each other. Those three albums in particular defined my freshman year of college. Make Yourself was the last of the three that I discovered, but it's the album that ultimately had the biggest effect on me.

Can't wait to see what the guys do for the 20th anniversary.
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:43 am

So for anyone who missed it: the full interview Brandon did with Scott Lipps in december is up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icfRSisSaGQ

Unfortunately, all the interesting bits (Brandon's favorite song being one he worked on the night before the interview) were already out there. And he says some stuff about how he wanted Here in my Room as a single. Besides that it's a run of the mill interview with Brandon about inspiration, the history of Incubus and a bit about his art and other projects.

Slight rant:
I always wonder why every 40/50-minute interview I hear with Brandon is 20 minutes about how Incubus came to be. 'So how did you guys start as a band? You and Jose were in school together right?' 'And that's when Drive blew up right?' It really is a waste of time and of much more interesting subjects to talk about. It always feel like poor interview prep to me, being a journalist myself. The only interesting/new information that came from this interview was from a caller question, which in itself was not a very original question.
I get that these podcasts and radio shows are for a broader audience, but there's nothing left to dig for in that story, Strycker did that all in the KROQ-talk, which did offer some cool new tid bits about the early years, because it felt like Strycker actually did his research and the whole interview was set up to talk about their path to success.

Look_Alive
Rogue

Postby Look_Alive » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 am

Band announced as playing Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta - looks a brilliant line up, them, Beck, Tears for Fears and Yellow Days on the same day. Gary Clark Jr, Mark Lanegan and Tame Impala also playing.

Also new snippet of Mike jamming on drums with Ben on bass on the band's insta story.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:24 am

New show announced: june 1st, at Spring Fling festival in Illinois.

Return to “Incubus”