News and Updates

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Re: News and Updates

Postby Blind Melon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:51 pm

TinCanPhone wrote:Is that combined Chino Moreno track EVER coming out???

I have a feeling they're keeping it for Side B or whatever comes next.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

Look_Alive
Rogue

Postby Look_Alive » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 am

redonkulousemu wrote:
I mean, I know you're being facetious, but you bring up a good point. How many people going to Incubus shows have never seen them before and would be upset if they didn't play their biggest songs? I may live in a bubble, but I feel like most of the people who go have seen them a couple of times and are not going to be upset if they don't play Drive. I sure wouldn't. Festivals I can understand, but headlining?

It seems their setlist have been becoming more and more by the numbers and almost exclusively singles recently, which sucks because it makes me less excited to see them knowing they're going to play an almost identical setlist all the time.

I remember walking out of this gig, which I thought was an incredible setlist for the time: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/incubus/ ... 185aa.html

A guy a few people behind me was accusing them of being arrogant for not playing Drive, Wish You Were Here, etc. which were all played the previous night.
Ebbsfleet United fan.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Can amyone copy and paste the text of this review? For some reason, probably the new pricacy regulations, I can't visit this website.

https://siouxcityjournal.com/entertainm ... fBXoAIj3ka

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Here you go Jelger,

REVIEW: Lead singer Brandon Boyd brings drama, force to Incubus performance
Ent IncubusLead singer Brandon Boyd brings the drama to the Incubus performance at Battery Park Saturday night. Justin Wan, Sioux City Journal▲
Ent IncubusIncubus lead singer Brandon Boyd. Justin Wan, Sioux City Journal▲
BRUCE R. MILLER bmiller@siouxcityjournal.com
Jul 14, 2018
If there’s anything left of Brandon Boyd after his performance at Battery Park Saturday night, pick it up.

The lead singer for Incubus attacked every one of the band’s numbers with the kind of force you’d see in a live television concert. His voice – like a tuning fork ringing out over the crowd – was as strong and solid as fans remembered it to be 20 years ago.

While Boyd didn’t bother much with banter – he teased a couple of times before launching into a song that played off his questions: “Are you having fun?” before “No Fun” – but kept the details to a minimum.

Indeed, if you were to rely solely on the Hard Rock appearance, you wouldn’t get the irony and sarcasm that’s laced in the songs’ lyrics.

Instead, you’d marvel at Boyd’s stamina and the band’s ability to conjure moods from a number of different periods. A psychedelic moment here, a techno beat there and a lot of teases.

Before every song, either guitarist Mike Einziger or drummer Jose Pasillas would toy with the audience. Then Boyd’s eclectic phrasing would take over and suddenly, they’d be into something you’d heard for years, sans the build-up.

Boyd played drum intros on “Megalomaniac,” letting the show’s lighting designer take over some of the frenzy. While the stage just had a handful of screens to help set the mood (consider them big-screen TVs artfully arranged), the lights finished the effect.

An acting career doesn’t seem that far out of reach for the ever-moving Boyd. He found a way to work every syllable in “State of the Art” and played off the red light that bathed him during “Pardon Me.”

Einziger, Pasillas, bassist Ben Kenney and Chris Kilmore capitalized on their moments but couldn’t wrest the spotlight. Boyd was solidly in charge.

Newcomers lovelytheband opened the concert a good 15 minutes before it was slated to start. Lead singer Mitchy Collins said it was an honor to be on the same bill as Incubus, particularly since he and his bandmates were heavily influenced by its work.

While it was hard to connect the two, the Los Angeles-based musicians were fun and bouncy, able to win over an audience that probably hadn’t heard of them. Playing cuts from their upcoming debut album (out in August), they hammered home the value of friendship (in several songs) and scored with “Broken,” the single that got them on the radar. “These Are My Friends” could be a strong introduction for others.

The night, though, belonged to Boyd, who’s ready for just about anything.
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:47 am

Thanks. Funny how a bunch of reviews mention Brandon's singing being as strong as fans will remember from twenty years ago, yet all the fans hear he is struggling more than he ever did on a tour with certain parts. (Also his strongest vocals were ten years ago)

The Idler Wheel
Hot Dancer

Postby The Idler Wheel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah, I felt the praise was a little over the top myself. I saw some clips from this show and thought most was really good, though. No major issues.

I agree that the Light Grenades/Monuments and Melodies era was a great one for Brandon, vocally. He was probably the most consistent during that time. With that being said, one of my favorite shows I like to listen to is from 2012, I believe the show was in Austria. Vocal-wise, he absolutely nails all of the high note songs. I absolutely love that one.
-Brandi

When prey softly outwits its predator
Such is a sight to see

While All The Vultures Feed- Incubus

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am

It's with certain songs you can hear it: Nimble Bastard, usually the first line of Wish You Were Here, sometimes in Anna Molly. But songs like Nice To Know You, Pardon Me or Circles are usually solid.

Disconnected
Turbo Geek

Postby Disconnected » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:46 am

Interview with Brandon & Serj from SOAD
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebalti ... 10bb73494f

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:27 am

http://stream.pukkelpop.be/nl/channel1

Tomorrow at 00:00 (GMT+1), you can watch Incubus play their one hour festival set at Pukkelpop festival at the link above. If anybody is able to rip the stream or at least the audio, that would be awesome!

EDIT: 17-08 Incubus is going on in about 8 hours, but suddenly they have been removed from the streaming schedule by Pukkelpop. Asked them on twitter what's up. Hopefully they'll be back on soon.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Jelger wrote:http://stream.pukkelpop.be/nl/channel1

Tomorrow at 00:00 (GMT+1), you can watch Incubus play their one hour festival set at Pukkelpop festival at the link above. If anybody is able to rip the stream or at least the audio, that would be awesome!

EDIT: 17-08 Incubus is going on in about 8 hours, but suddenly they have been removed from the streaming schedule by Pukkelpop. Asked them on twitter what's up. Hopefully they'll be back on soon.

Thanks for the heads up Jelger!

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 am

Show in Utrecht cancelled, due to Brandon being sick.

Sad as I am right now - I was really looking forward to this - I'm glad that I have two other shows scheduled for this tour and hoping he'll feel better soon. Another case of bad luck for the Netherlands, after them cancelling in 2011. Hopefully a reschedule will come sooner than later, but it won't be during this run... So not for at least a year, I'm guessing and possibly longer. Small chance of a re-schedule if you're asking me.

IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid

Postby IncubusBelgium » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:16 pm

I received the e mail when I arrived in front of the venue after 250 kms. I was ready for the M&G :x
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:51 am

Man, that really sucks. It was a late cancellation for sure...

I'm in a huge argument with some guy on the Facebook event page right now, who seems to think this was the plan all along. With the sound and lightning company working for Incubus posting a day before the show they were heading to Berlin as the first show of the tour, the band announcing that 'as of now the other shows are a go' and Brandon saying in his post 'See you in Berlin' (according to this guy implying he was never sick). Conspiracy theorist this guy...

IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid

Postby IncubusBelgium » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:11 am

Once again, I'm really disappointed.
I'll see them in Cologne but damn, who can be throat sick and recover in only 2 days ?
Apparently their show at Pukkelpop was absolutely stunning.
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:15 pm

A common cold can be shaken with a good day or two of rest. I've read good things about their Pukkelpop set too, but as soon as I saw the setlist, I was surprised by the ommission of Nimble Bastard, a song Brandon always struggles with and one.of the first I would expect them to drop if he has throat issues.

Will also go to Cologne, by myself, and Munich, with a friend, so happy that I have two shows left.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:32 am

No reschedule for the Utrecht show. Just got the e-mail from Sandbag. As I expected, but damn it's a bummer.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 am

https://www.instagram.com/o2academybrix/

The band is doing an Instagram-takeover today for the 02 Academy Brixton. Nothing happened yet, but a heads up.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:08 am

http://www.irishnews.com/arts/2018/08/2 ... s-1412883/

Can’t wait for 2019. Wondering what the band have in mind for the Make Yourself 20th anniversary?

Dirk Lance reunites with Incubus? ha! :lol:

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:21 am

Pretty sure it will either be a handful of shows in the US to celebrate the album and/or a re-release of the record with some bonus-material: Crowded, demos, acoustic versions etc. Maybe even some alternate versions of songs (Drive, piano verison)?

legohair
Hot Dancer

Postby legohair » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:14 pm

I'd sure love to hear if there are any unreleased tracks, I know it's doubtful but you never know...

Which also means when 20th Birthday of MV and ACLOTM roll around maybe deluxe editions of those too!

Return to “Incubus”