News and Updates

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Guess we won't have any news before December.

Or maybe that countdown thing meant November 12th.

:?:
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:54 am

I think we'll just have to wait. If it even happens in 2016, that's a surprise for me. When Brandon was in Amsterdam, he said it was their intention to release something by the end of the year and though I hoped he was right, I didn't think it would actually happen. So if it's still this year when we hear something: great. If it's early next year: good. If it's any later, that sucks.

European festivals are starting to announce their line-ups for 2017, though, so who knows if we see their name pop up.

User avatar
pistolabus
Human Magic Marker
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: Philly

Re: News and Updates

Postby pistolabus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Well, I'll tell ya. The past few days have been the most shocking and awful that I can remember in 29+ years of life. I could really, REALLY, use some new Incubus music/news as medicine.
5.11.02 - 7.27.03 - 6.28.04 - 6.29.04 - 1.29.07 - 8.6.07 - 8.8.07 - 8.10.07 - 8.4.09 - 8.8.09 - 9.4.11 - 9.10.11 - 9.11.11 - 5.13.12 - 5.16.12 - 8.7.15 - 8.8.15 - 7.20.17

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:34 am

Definitely not the best Boyd's song but still a Leonard Cohen cover...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_eNh4xdXY
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

User avatar
Comatose
Rogue
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Kansas, USA

Re: News and Updates

Postby Comatose » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:39 pm

IncubusBelgium wrote:Definitely not the best Boyd's song but still a Leonard Cohen cover...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_eNh4xdXY



That's actually my favorite song on the album!

JLynn943
The Karate Kid
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Re: News and Updates

Postby JLynn943 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:45 pm

pistolabus wrote:Well, I'll tell ya. The past few days have been the most shocking and awful that I can remember in 29+ years of life. I could really, REALLY, use some new Incubus music/news as medicine.


Wednesday morning I couldn't deal with reality. I had barely slept. I was mad. I was disgusted. I was in disbelief, and I was at work managing the store myself that day. I went to put some music over the store speakers like usual, and the first thing that came to my mind was Megalomaniac. ACLOTM is hands down my favorite Incubus album and one of my favorite albums period, but it had been a long time since I listened to it. Having been made in the Bush era, I don't know that it is actually a strong/recurring theme or just what I associated with at the time, but listening to the album, I felt reconnected. Whether it has that political and societal frustration element to it or it's the album's mood, or it's just how I was feeling then and now, it was a long time since I felt so in tune with an album. Since then, I've listened to it all the way through another 4 or 5 times. It reminded me of the power of music and my love of Incubus, and I can't wait to hear what they have in store.
June 30, 2004 - Hershey, PA
August 8, 2007 - Philadelphia, PA
August 8, 2009 - Philadelphia, PA
September 10, 2011 - Camden, NJ
May 13, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA
May 16, 2012 - Bethlehem, PA
August 16, 2012 - Camden, NJ
July 31, 2015 - Bethlehem, PA
August 8, 2015 - Camden, NJ

User avatar
pistolabus
Human Magic Marker
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: Philly

Re: News and Updates

Postby pistolabus » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:20 pm

JLynn943 wrote:
pistolabus wrote:Well, I'll tell ya. The past few days have been the most shocking and awful that I can remember in 29+ years of life. I could really, REALLY, use some new Incubus music/news as medicine.


Wednesday morning I couldn't deal with reality. I had barely slept. I was mad. I was disgusted. I was in disbelief, and I was at work managing the store myself that day. I went to put some music over the store speakers like usual, and the first thing that came to my mind was Megalomaniac. ACLOTM is hands down my favorite Incubus album and one of my favorite albums period, but it had been a long time since I listened to it. Having been made in the Bush era, I don't know that it is actually a strong/recurring theme or just what I associated with at the time, but listening to the album, I felt reconnected. Whether it has that political and societal frustration element to it or it's the album's mood, or it's just how I was feeling then and now, it was a long time since I felt so in tune with an album. Since then, I've listened to it all the way through another 4 or 5 times. It reminded me of the power of music and my love of Incubus, and I can't wait to hear what they have in store.


Crow is probably my second favorite album behind MV. Terrific work all around on that disc. Megalomaniac always resonates with me concerning politics. It did with Bush, and it does now. Plus it's just a fucking terrific and exciting song to listen to instrumentally.
5.11.02 - 7.27.03 - 6.28.04 - 6.29.04 - 1.29.07 - 8.6.07 - 8.8.07 - 8.10.07 - 8.4.09 - 8.8.09 - 9.4.11 - 9.10.11 - 9.11.11 - 5.13.12 - 5.16.12 - 8.7.15 - 8.8.15 - 7.20.17

User avatar
tingky
The Fly Guy
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:10 am
Location: Philippines

Re: News and Updates

Postby tingky » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:11 am

Even though I'm not American, I was pretty shocked with the election results as well. One of the first things I did was send out a tweet to Zack de la Rocha / Tom Morello saying it's the perfect time for a new RATM album.

If it's any consolation, I don't think Trump has the balls to do half the things he has promised to get the fools to vote for him. As Ricky Gervais put it, he only wanted to "win".

User avatar
Dean Youngblood
Hot Dancer
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:17 pm
Location: NJ

Re: News and Updates

Postby Dean Youngblood » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 pm

It's no consolation at all but I am hopeful the Trump Presidency brings some angsty albums out of the great bands still kicking around

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:08 am

tingky wrote:Even though I'm not American, I was pretty shocked with the election results as well. One of the first things I did was send out a tweet to Zack de la Rocha / Tom Morello saying it's the perfect time for a new RATM album.

If it's any consolation, I don't think Trump has the balls to do half the things he has promised to get the fools to vote for him. As Ricky Gervais put it, he only wanted to "win".


He seems pretty set on ruining the Paris Agreement and building that huge pipeline. Pretty damn devestating for the earth.

User avatar
tingky
The Fly Guy
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:10 am
Location: Philippines

Re: News and Updates

Postby tingky » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:48 am

He seems pretty set on ruining the Paris Agreement and building that huge pipeline. Pretty damn devestating for the earth.

Man, fuck that clown. What infuriates me more is I know a few Filipino-Americans over in the US who actually voted for him. Sadly, they fit the profile for the average Trump supporter - lazy, unemployed, etc. They actually believe Trump can give them jobs.

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:34 am

tingky wrote:
He seems pretty set on ruining the Paris Agreement and building that huge pipeline. Pretty damn devestating for the earth.

Man, fuck that clown. What infuriates me more is I know a few Filipino-Americans over in the US who actually voted for him. Sadly, they fit the profile for the average Trump supporter - lazy, unemployed, etc. They actually believe Trump can give them jobs.



2,5 millions of americans who want to leave the US.

Good way to create jobs Mr Trump.
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

User avatar
IncubusBelgium
The Karate Kid
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: News and Updates

Postby IncubusBelgium » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:50 am

BTW, any idea about that 'big project' Mike is talking about on Instagram ?
Seems to involve quite a lot of phones...
Incubus
29 May 2004
1 July 2007
14 September 2007
30 June 2012
28 August 2018
Ben Kenney
30 September 2013
Brandon Boyd Art Talks
11 March 2014
08 November 2014
12 March 2016

User avatar
Blind Melon
Zedeveel
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Arvada, CO

Re: News and Updates

Postby Blind Melon » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:02 pm

IncubusBelgium wrote:BTW, any idea about that 'big project' Mike is talking about on Instagram ?
Seems to involve quite a lot of phones...


Maybe he's writing some sort of app? One of his follow-up posts says he's writing code... maybe he doesn't know about virtual machines and decided to do testing the old way with all those phones? haha.
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

User avatar
pistolabus
Human Magic Marker
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: Philly

Re: News and Updates

Postby pistolabus » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:20 pm

This wait is getting more and more painful.
5.11.02 - 7.27.03 - 6.28.04 - 6.29.04 - 1.29.07 - 8.6.07 - 8.8.07 - 8.10.07 - 8.4.09 - 8.8.09 - 9.4.11 - 9.10.11 - 9.11.11 - 5.13.12 - 5.16.12 - 8.7.15 - 8.8.15 - 7.20.17

User avatar
EarthtoBella
Turbo Geek
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:28 am
Location: Australia

Re: News and Updates

Postby EarthtoBella » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:55 pm

The 'hype' they began to build has definitely fizzled away... Could there be some kind of issue? Or they were 3/4 the way through and lost their mojo? Because they were all very keen and pro-Incubus a month or so ago, and now it's all gone back to nothing... Weird.
Proud Australian
aka TheAntipop
23 February 2008. Riverstage, Brisbane.
10 February 2012. Convention Centre, Brisbane.
1 March 2015. Royal Showgrounds, Brisbane.
12 March 2018. Riverstage, Brisbane.

patakevkev
Zeta
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: Socal

Re: News and Updates

Postby patakevkev » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:32 am

Not getting my hopes up for any sort of release for the remainder of the year. All I want is an updateee

Juan.
The Fly Guy
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: News and Updates

Postby Juan. » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:43 am

EarthtoBella wrote:The 'hype' they began to build has definitely fizzled away... Could there be some kind of issue? Or they were 3/4 the way through and lost their mojo? Because they were all very keen and pro-Incubus a month or so ago, and now it's all gone back to nothing... Weird.


Well, they posted this 1 day ago –some lyrics, maybe?–, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BM2tSAFBj3s ... usofficial

I'm guessing they're done recording at this point, and maybe they're just getting ready to release something. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about them having "lost their mojo".

Jelger
Azwethinkweist
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: News and Updates

Postby Jelger » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Brandon is still working on vocals, as per his instagram.

Juan.
The Fly Guy
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: News and Updates

Postby Juan. » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:22 pm

Jelger wrote:Brandon is still working on vocals, as per his instagram.


Well, there you go. They still have their mojo.


Return to “Incubus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests