News and Updates

Talk about anything Incubus!

Moderators: clever medicine!, phil collins, redonkulousemu, Zinger, torres, Jelger, Justanothercrow421

surftb15
Human Magic Marker

Re: News and Updates

Postby surftb15 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:41 am

Hmmm....I cant see it. Good eyes.

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:10 am

Ty wrote:
azIthinkIiz wrote:https://twitter.com/incubusband/status/768236849454252034

Who wants to play decifer the set list?

I've got:

Nice To Know You
Anna-Molly
?????? (Smile Lines is the only thing coming to mind, but LOL)
Absolution Calling
Stellar????? Hard to tell
(No Idea)
Circles??? (Not sure)
Trust Fall
(No Idea)
Looks like "New Song + Wish You Were Here"
Pardon Me
Megalomaniac
Here In My Room
PANTOMIME??????? (Maybe I just want to see that one a little too much...but it looks like Pantomime to me)

Gave it a shot!

I feel like the one below Trust Fall is Mexico, but otherwise, these look definitely right... except, there's one more below "Pantomime."
I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us.

Cubbies2166
The Karate Kid

Postby Cubbies2166 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:24 pm

I think that might be an old setlist still taped to the equipment, just giving a quick look through setlist.fm and this was the set from Mexico City on March 3rd:

Nice to Know You
Anna Molly
Circles
Absolution Calling
Stellar
Sick Sad Little World
Vitamin
Trust Fall
In the Company of Wolves
Wish You Were Here
Pardon Me
Megalomaniac
Here in My Room
Pantomime

It matches up pretty well with the guess from above.

azIthinkIiz
The Karate Kid

Postby azIthinkIiz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Cubbies2166 wrote:I think that might be an old setlist still taped to the equipment, just giving a quick look through setlist.fm and this was the set from Mexico City on March 3rd:

Nice to Know You
Anna Molly
Circles
Absolution Calling
Stellar
Sick Sad Little World
Vitamin
Trust Fall
In the Company of Wolves
Wish You Were Here
Pardon Me
Megalomaniac
Here in My Room
Pantomime

It matches up pretty well with the guess from above.

dang. yeah you're probably right. Nice researching!

surftb15
Human Magic Marker

Postby surftb15 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:49 am

alabaster
Human Magic Marker

Postby alabaster » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:02 am

well, brandon's finally lost it..

..poor guy. Too bad he can't continue with his day job as the singer for incubus
-Larry

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Euhm, ok. Whatever floats his boat I guess. Wouldn't say he lost his mind, seems pretty harsh.

I thought this post by Rennie was pretty cool, he met with Fransisco again, the Chilean guy who was his intern in the INNW-days.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

surftb15
Human Magic Marker

Postby surftb15 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Jelger wrote:Euhm, ok. Whatever floats his boat I guess. Wouldn't say he lost his mind, seems pretty harsh.

I thought this post by Rennie was pretty cool, he met with Fransisco again, the Chilean guy who was his intern in the INNW-days.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Doesnt work for me?

azIthinkIiz
The Karate Kid

Postby azIthinkIiz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:07 pm

You guys should check out Ben's Instagram story. First possible tease of new music??! It's just drums but it's real nice. Could just be misc. jamming

jmsgrx
Turbo Geek

Postby jmsgrx » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:57 pm

I think it's more likely his own stuff. That sounds like his drum style and the set up looks like his home studio. It's still cool though!
-James

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 pm

I was going to post that but that's not the first time Brandon has done something like that. In 2005 he did a campaign for Gap and i remember a lot of people called him a sold out in this board lol.

It is weird seeing Brandon doing these kind of things but reality is that he is getting old and he needs to make extra cash while he can because Incubus won't last forever.

surftb15
Human Magic Marker

Postby surftb15 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Jazz wrote:

I was going to post that but that's not the first time Brandon has done something like that. In 2005 he did a campaign for Gap and i remember a lot of people called him a sold out in this board lol.

It is weird seeing Brandon doing these kind of things but reality is that he is getting old and he needs to make extra cash while he can because Incubus won't last forever.

He also did the Toms thing, but I think that went all to charity.

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:06 am

Do y'all actually think Brandon's doing this for money? I just get the feeling he's doing it because he wants to. Like in 2005, do you really think he needed the money then?

Jelger
Azwethinkweist

Postby Jelger » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:53 am

I think it's something he just wants to do too. I don't think this will generate that much money anyway. Whatever excites him. Besides, this doesn't interfere with Incubus at all, so good for him.

surftb15
Human Magic Marker

Postby surftb15 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Blind Melon wrote:Do y'all actually think Brandon's doing this for money? I just get the feeling he's doing it because he wants to. Like in 2005, do you really think he needed the money then?

I actually do. Its quite a weird collaboration - the pieces aren't affordable pieces like the Toms shoes were and the people who will buy won't know much about Incubus. Just seems like a weird mash up to me.

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:55 am

surftb15 wrote:I actually do. Its quite a weird collaboration - the pieces aren't affordable pieces like the Toms shoes were and the people who will buy won't know much about Incubus. Just seems like a weird mash up to me.

I didn't actually look at the price of the jewelry, but how much are we talking? Jewelry can definitely be a whole different arena when it comes to pricing... I really don't think the people buying the jewelry are Incubus fans... they just enjoy the jewelry. I honestly think it's just that added bonus having Brandon do some of the designing, so why not say that in the marketing as well?

tingky
The Fly Guy

Postby tingky » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 am

I know the band likes not having any deadlines when writing songs, and I think I was happy for them not having any at some point. But in hindsight, I thought the deal with Epic was better for the fans since at least they were forced to work. This extended music hiatus is not doing them any good. It just seems like they're slacking off.

Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3_59ZDiuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EqhKLTGnN8

Beating a dead horse, but I miss this guy. I wonder what he's up to.

Jazz
Privileged

Postby Jazz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:53 pm

I won't be surprised if Incubus plays the KROQ almost acoustic x-mas again this year.

torres
Privileged

Postby torres » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Blind Melon wrote:Do y'all actually think Brandon's doing this for money? I just get the feeling he's doing it because he wants to. Like in 2005, do you really think he needed the money then?

Even still, in this day and age, I can't judge the guy or anyone even if money is one of the motivating factors. Him working on a unisex jewelry line seems pretty harmless.

Speaking generally here (not singling out anyone in particular), if this was a family member or close friend of ours who just launched something like this, we would be stoked for them, regardless of their financial situation. When it happens to be one of our favorite artists, we have mixed feelings.

So many people flipped out about Brandon in the Gap ads and covering that Elvis Costello song. Kind of funny looking back at how fans used to get so worked up over things like that.
9/30/04, 1/22/07, 8/30/07, 8/15/09, 8/18/11, 8/22/11, 8/13/15, 8/14/15, 8/29/15

Blind Melon
Zedeveel

Postby Blind Melon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:33 pm

torres wrote:Even still, in this day and age, I can't judge the guy or anyone even if money is one of the motivating factors. Him working on a unisex jewelry line seems pretty harmless.

Speaking generally here (not singling out anyone in particular), if this was a family member or close friend of ours who just launched something like this, we would be stoked for them, regardless of their financial situation. When it happens to be one of our favorite artists, we have mixed feelings.

Yup, I absolutely agree with you, Torres. Although, I'm pretty sure Brandon isn't broke. I don't know how much money they make from albums, tours, etc., but I imagine it's a good amount where they can manage to live comfortably. Then again, maybe Brandon's a spendthrift.

Return to “Incubus”