Narcos

Discuss TV shows, movies, or what video game you are unable to give up.

Moderators: phil collins, redonkulousemu, torres, Jelger, wat

Jelger
Zedeveel

Narcos

Postby Jelger » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Anyone planning on watching the new Netflix-original Narcos, about the life of Pablo Escobar?
I just started S2 of Orange is the New Black, but I'm planning on watching Narcos next. Seems like a potentially awesome series.

eclecticmuso12
Zeta

Re: Narcos

Postby eclecticmuso12 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:01 am

Sounds interesting, might be worth a binge-watch. What's the cast looking like?

BeccaWilsonxx
Familiar

Postby BeccaWilsonxx » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:47 pm

It was pretty great. I finished the season two days ago. Shows the actual side of the biggest drug cartel leader at the time. Worth watching for sure. Wager Moura plays Pablo Escobar and Javier Pena who plays a DEA agent was also in Game Of Thrones. There are a lot of familiar faces.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:12 am

My brother was pretty positive too. He liked that unlike a lot of American series, the Colombians actually spoke 'Colombian' Spanish and it wasn't all in English.

Next wednesday I'm going on holiday for three weeks, but when I come back I plan on watching this!

Look_Alive
Rogue

Postby Look_Alive » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:18 pm

What did you think, Jelger?
Ebbsfleet United fan.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Completely forgot about this thread. This series was pretty awesome. The DEA-guy was pretty annoying, but the series was awesome.

BeccaWilsonxx
Familiar

Postby BeccaWilsonxx » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:09 pm

I read that the new season will be out soon! :)

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:30 am

Yes, in september. Really looking forward to it! The first season was really good.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:15 am

Anybody still watching this? Finished season two last week. Thought it was brilliant. The creators really made sure that Pablo Escobar was a human being, not just a thug and a bad guy. I actually cared for him during this season, even if he killed a bunch of people. Great achievement.

BeccaWilsonxx
Familiar

Postby BeccaWilsonxx » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:28 am

Yes, still watching! Every episode had me completely engrossed. Can't wait to see what happens with Pena.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 am

Anyone seen season 3? It might even be better than the Escobar seasons. No annoying blonde American Dea-agent and constant tension. Really good.

Soap
Turbo Geek

Postby Soap » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:44 am

Just finished season two and loved it. Like you said Jelger, they showed Escobar as a human. In fact I think we saw more humanity from him than we did from any other character. He was certainly the most morally consistent character. It was kind of sad to see how he fell so far from grace.
Very impressed with how they handled the romantic side of the story, very realistic and not overblown.
Love the spanish too. I find myself trying to pick up a bit of what they're saying without reading the subtitles. It's hard though because they speak so quickly.
Can't wait to dig in to season three. I hope they can maintain the high standard, so few TV shows don't know when to quit while they're at their peak.

Jelger
Zedeveel

Postby Jelger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:42 am

I'm doing the same thing with the Spanish haha. Only things I'm consistently picking up though are the curse words.

If you ask me, they certainly succeed in.maintaining the high level. Even without some key characters from before.

Return to “Idiot Box”